Name guitars that are overrated, the price isn't worth it(too expensive), guitars that

are great moneywise, and guitars that are great just as guitars.

really just name a guitar and say how you feel about it
thank u

anything from b.c. rich is either a piece of crap and priced correctly, or a decent guitar priced way too high.

not saying their high end guitars suck, but for 3 grand for guitars that have almost no tonal options, one humbucker, etc. for 3 grand you can get 3 guitars that are better than that one.

im no b.c. rich hater, but that is the cold truth in my opinion.
epiphone for great money wise i think
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I love Carvins more than any other guitar, they aren't exactly entry level but for a generalized price range of let's say $800-2,000 their quality destroys any Fender or Gibson made guitars and is on par with Paul Reed Smith for a good deal less money (by quality I'm referring to the action, quality of wood, quality control)

I have an Epiphone Explorer and based mainly on that I would say Epiphones are nice and decently priced but IMO they could be a little cheaper for what you usually get (you might get lucky and find a really nice one though like I did with my Explorer)

I also just bought an Ibanez AS73 yesterday and absed on my experience with it and countless other Ibanezs I would rate them very high in terms of price to quality ratio, you can get some very nice guitars for very little money and when you get into their Japanese models (especially Prestiges) they can hang with the best quality wise.
any new gibson, most new fenders (overrated AND overpriced)
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
JBizzle Da Truf i totally agree with you! my sg has lasted me many great concerts and gigs money well spent!
Gibson are not great for the money, I've tried a couple of Studios and all of them has been worse than my Epi LP Standard in my opinion. Sounded bad, felt crappy, and just poor build quality. (There was a small gap between the neck and the fingerboard on one, bad finish, especially on the neck, bad fretwork and so on.)
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
A great guitar:

An overrated guitar (IMO):
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by LP Addict

not saying their high end guitars suck, but for 3 grand for guitars that have almost no tonal options, one humbucker, etc. for 3 grand you can get 3 guitars that are better than that one.

It depends exactly what one you buy if you get ripped off or not. When it comes to tonal options i think the High end Mockingbirds score pretty well.

Example:

I think thats got a varitone, coil taps, etc.

Bc rich is one of those companies, it just depends what model really.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I'd have to say epiphone, they're awesome, i mean, aren't they part of gibson?
They have really great prices, i got an SG from them for $153.

Gibson, they must have awesome guitars, but their prices are through the roof!
I saw a gibson vintage guitar for like $3,000, and the same one from Epiphone for $600.

I haven't personally really tried a gibson, but i have tried an epiphone, and their just awesome. and just looking at the prices for gibsons, their overpriced.
Last edited by Ebucra at Mar 30, 2008,
granted, gibsons quality control leaves something to be desired. but if you know what you're doing on my gibsons it's only taken minor tweaks.
I have a gibson tony Iommi Sg which I absolutely love and a les paul studio which is nearly as good. like I said, just had to work out some minor bugs.
Quote by Ebucra
I'd have to say epiphone, they're awesome, i mean, aren't they part of gibson?
They haved really great prices, i got an SG from them for $153.

Gibson, they must have awesome guitars, but their prices are through the roof!
I saw a gibson vintage guitar for like $3,000, and the same one from Epiphone for $600.

I haven't personally really tried a gibson, but i have tried an epiphone, and their just awesome. and just looking at the prices for gibsons, their overpriced.

You can't really say that if you didn't play a gibson yet. Epiphone and Gibson are worlds apart. Gibson has higher quality wood, electronics and craftsmanship, basically a gibson is better in every aspect than the epiphone. The most obvious difference are the pickups. I don't mean to insult any epiphone players (hell I am one myself!), but the standard epiphone pickups are just plain horrible. They sound muddy and like an electric razor at the same time.
But if you pick up a gibson, the first thing you will notice is the overall quality. It's arguable if the gibsons over 3k are worth the money, but the ones between 2k and 3k are worth each and every cent.

My favourites when it comes to quality are yamaha guitars. The pacifica 612v, 812v and 904 as well as the AES series from the AES620 upwards. Especially if you compare them to other guitars at their price.

EDIT: To those who like to rant about the gibson quality control: Granted there are a few bad eggs out there, but these are exceptions. I have played many gibsons and I can say I never came across one that was not absolutely perfect.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman
You can't really say that if you didn't play a gibson yet. Epiphone and Gibson are worlds apart. Gibson has higher quality wood, electronics and craftsmanship, basically a gibson is better in every aspect than the epiphone.

*waits for bokuho to appear*

The new Epiphone custom shop Firebird V in black !
Got it yesterday and its awesome.
And its only 400 euro so thats like 600 dollars
Quote by TheQuailman
What's a "bokuho"?

Most likely you'll find out soon enough. Prepare to face the hell-spitting fiery wrath!
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Most likely you'll find out soon enough. Prepare to face the hell-spitting fiery wrath!

*hides under a rock*
I got my EC1000VHB for £500, which is a great deal over here, an it's the best guitar I'v ever played

Overrated: Ibanez RG series? (non prestige).
Overrated: Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP

Overpriced: Gibson, Dean

Good Value: Ibanez, Schecter, ESP/LTD, some Jackson

Good all-round: All of the above + every other decent brand. It all depends on your taste.
Quote by sashki
Overrated: Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP

Overpriced: Gibson, Dean

Good Value: Ibanez, Schecter, ESP/LTD, some Jackson

Good all-round: All of the above + every other decent brand. It all depends on your taste.

which is it? Ibanez overated or good value?

I've always thought the latter....

I have several Ibanez's; they're affordable and great guitars.

-Edit: and only Dean USA guitars are overpriced, many of their cheaper models are great value.
Last edited by purerock at Mar 30, 2008,
Good guitars: just Fenders in general, you really get good quality and value from them

Gibsons are overpriced but still really good. Great tone. i cant think of a guitar thats cheaper than the SG or les paul studio that sounds better. Some guitars like schecters and some ESPs come pretty damn close and are much less expensive which is why i said that gibsons are a bit overpriced but they still dont beat a gibson.

I hate Ibanez RGs. even the high end ones: in fact ESPECIALLY the high end ones, they give you **** materials and pickups for the price you are paying. I think the lower end ones like the RG321 are a good value but the higher end ones arent much better

I think the BC rich Bronze warlock is the best metal guitar in its price range.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Last edited by Fuzzbox91 at Mar 30, 2008,
bc rich suck
the best guitars are like 500 and u can drop good Pups in them
PRS are properly priced I believe but man I wish they were cheaper...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311

Crappy overrated guitar

Awesome underrated guitar.

The PRS SE Standard is much cheaper than the Razorback and destroys it when it comes to tone, value and playability. I still can't believe that Dean is still profiting off of Dimebag by spewing out these crappy guitars. Dime must be rolling in his grave.
for the best bang for the buck i`d have to say epiphone.
the most overated mim fender strats.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
best value, i'll say the MIM Strat. Especially used, you can find hundreds of them under 400 dollars and if you want a different sound, just buy new pickups.

worst value, i'd say either Music Man, or Gibson. I played some Music Man at a shop once, it felt like sh*t, it sounded okay, and it was 800 bucks. And Gibson, well, they make some of the best guitars known to man, but is it really worth 3000+?
Epiphone Les Paul 100. Great Sounding guitar for $270. Got mine for $250 with an Epiphone Valve Junior.
Quote by stratdud39
Name guitars that are overrated, the price isn't worth it(too expensive), guitars that

are great moneywise, and guitars that are great just as guitars.

really just name a guitar and say how you feel about it
thank u

i think godin guitars are very good for their price. i have a godin freeway classic and i love the tones and the feel of it. for under 500 i think it was a steal. ive played 1000+ LP's and strats that didnt sound/feel as good as this. but thats my opinion tone and feel wise i guess. but ive never heard anything bad about godin really. i always hear good things.

so next ill say, i think gibson and fender are too much money for what they offer. dont get me wrong, you are getting a good guitar. but you can get guitars just as good for less. sometimes, better.
Overrated, over-priced: Dean

Good value, great guitars: Jackson
HI
Last edited by StratPat at Mar 31, 2008,
Overpriced : Gibson.
Best value : Gibson ,Fender.
Good starters guitars: Ibanez , ESP/LTD , Jackson.
Great guitars : Gibson , Fender , ibanez, ESP, Jackosn.
I think most Fenders are great for their price. The MIM standard series blows alot of things in the price-range away when it comes to value. Good neck, good body. The electronics are a little iffy, but they're so easily customizable that it's not much of a hassle.
Overrated: Ibanez RG, their pickups and trems suck for gods sake.
Overpriced: Gibson, imo.
Underrated: I'm not sure on this one; but i'd have to say Caparison mainly because I don't see many people with them, but they seem to be well built and solid guitars.
Underpriced: Definately Schecters.
Quote by **Nero**
Overpriced : Gibson.
Best value : Gibson ,Fender.
Good starters guitars: Ibanez , ESP/LTD , Jackson.
Great guitars : Gibson , Fender , ibanez, ESP, Jackosn.

please explain how gibson can be "Best value" and "overpriced" at the same time. Surely those two statements contradict eachother?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Mike!

Awesome underrated guitar.

The PRS SE Standard is much cheaper than the Razorback and destroys it when it comes to tone, value and playability. I still can't believe that Dean is still profiting off of Dimebag by spewing out these crappy guitars. Dime must be rolling in his grave.

Agreed. The Razorback's aren't my favourite guitars, although Dean as a brand isn't too bad generally. PRS is probably my favourite (and the best) guitar make. But why are they so dang expensive? Gees, I'm only fourteen, how do they expect us to round up the prices they charge? Still, they're worth it.
Quote by purerock
which is it? Ibanez overated or good value?

I've always thought the latter....

I have several Ibanez's; they're affordable and great guitars.

-Edit: and only Dean USA guitars are overpriced, many of their cheaper models are great value.

Ibanez offer good guitars for their price, but most UGers cum all over their computer monitor at the mention of one, and exclude all else.

Few people will say "Ibanez are good". Most people say "OMFG teh Ibanez = seXXiest Geetah EVARRRR!!LOLOLOLO OMG OMG OMG I JUST CAME +1 ROFL".

I've never been to a thread in this forum where an Ibanez was NOT recommended.

I own a cheap Ibanez myself, I must say it's a pretty good guitar for its price, but I tried a few Prestige models and really didn't like them. At all.

And I did mean Dean USA. Sorry, forgot to specify. They're also quality instruments, but you pay a lot just for the Dean name. They're quite collectible.