can someone reccomend a very high quality pickup that can play a wide range of different music styles? i like to hear what I play so im not really into the death metal high distortion kind of music... and these have to fit inside a ibanez sz720fm
As a general rule the higher the output on the pickup the less versital the pickup becomes. If you want to be able to play anything then I'd suggest a PAF style pickup in the neck and then something just a touch hotter, like a PAF Pro, in the bridge. Hand wound pickups tend to be more versital and sound better than machine wound pickups. Keep this in mind as you shop around.
Not taking any online orders.
Many people like the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz or JB/'59 setup. They'll cover just about everything.
Quote by rwalby9
Many people like the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz or JB/'59 setup. They'll cover just about everything.

where can you find those? i tried looking in musiciansfriend and i cant seem to find any by that name.
dimarzio air norton in the neck, breed in the bridge. with that combo you can get an insane amount of versatility, and all high quality tone. the breed can give you good, shredding leads and a fat rhythm, while the air norton produces the best cleans from a pickup I've ever heard, and with overdrive gives you that fat smooth lead work. I have them in my SG and G'n'R's Sweet Child of Mine lead sounds dead on with the Air Norton in a mahogany body.

and they aren't too expensive (in the US at least).
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by rwalby9

I didn't like the JB. too trebly. it's a good pup for lead work, but there's something lacking for the rhythm department, IMHO.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!