Hey
i have fional reached that point when i have £500 brillaint british pounds sitting in my draw and waiting to be blown on a new guitar.
I warn you now dont suggest any guitars which are like metal style guitar or anyting like that. I play alot of things, but im really looking for a guitar that can give give me chilli's tones, white stripes, editors, foo's kdina tones. i dont want a really weak single coil sound, btu i dont want a seriously hard les paul sound which wont let up to much.
this makes me think going for some sorta fender which has single coil and humbucker. but im not so sure. i love strats, just they feel nice when i play alot of em, and you get a good make for much less than several other brands.
I dont want a Les Paul, but im open to epi's or cheap gibsons which feel nice and have those kinda tones, maybe a epi semi of some kind?

Anywayz, i need alot of help to decide, or to give me starting points going inot the store to try em all out, cause of course if i get there and i dont like it, no matter what the sound, im not gonna buy it!

Also any suggestions good amps under 200pounds? as that is my next saving
I have no reference to what you get for 500 british pound but look at maybe a Fender Lite Ash (Tele or Strat) or maybe Schecter. That's my suggestion.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I would get an SG, gibson or epiphone, they're both pretty cheap, but ti is a good guitar
right well i have a schecter c-1. it has to be one of the best guitars i own. nice smooth neck and it just feels so well built it could take anything i throw at it. on the amp front i know line 6 do a pretty good 75w amp for £180-ish.

hope this helps
Hey!

You should try a Framus (Panthera or Diablo) if you have the opportunity. The Pro-Series should be affordable in your price category.
Framus guitars are definitely the best you can get relating to quality and variety of sounds.

Greetings,
Streifhorn
Get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, I know that we can get them in Canada for around 500-600 plus tax new. Thats CAD, Im not sure of the conversion beetween that and pounds. I think pounds are worth more so that sounds about right
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
yeh, i dont want a line 6 amp mate, im thinking of a nice amp..... like one with its own tone

And yeh im thinking perhaps about a fender strat with a humbucker? what types come with this?
Quote by callum.scott
yeh, i dont want a line 6 amp mate, im thinking of a nice amp..... like one with its own tone

And yeh im thinking perhaps about a fender strat with a humbucker? what types come with this?

Fat or Super strat then maybe?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
You'd be better off spending closer to £500 on an amp - there's not really anything "good" available for £200.

Actually, save up the full £700, get these and you're pretty much sorted for life.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-classic-30/446

If you have to choose though, for the love of god get the amp first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by callum.scott

Washburn x50?

Or is that perhaps a bit too metal?

So Perhaps MIM Fat Strat

That would then leave you enough money to buy a nice little tube amp say a:

Grainger Valve Five

That should then give you enough money for any pedals you would need to achieve any sound required.

EDIT:
Quote by steven seagull
You'd be better off spending closer to £500 on an amp - there's not really anything "good" available for £200.

Actually, save up the full £700, get these and you're pretty much sorted for life.

Good call you beat me to the x50 pro
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by smb
A £200 amp isn't going to do justice to a £500 guitar.

+1

EDIT: i agree with steven seagull. laney vc30 is probably worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender 72 Telecaster Custom Reissue is what you seek.

As for the amp... Laney VC15? Just over £200, but the Tele's just under £500.

Anyway... my £500 guitar sounds fantastic through my £70 amp. Better than it ever sounded through my £150 Valvetronix
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
thanks guys,. i have a decent amp atm, well its not a decent amp my set up is a keyboard amp and then a seperate pre amp and soem modeling effects which does me fine, its my guiat which lets me doewn currently,. the amp is gonna be an after though.
What is the difference in watts between a tube and a solid state, like volume wise. is a 15watt valve as loud as say a 50watt solid state?
Quote by callum.scott
thanks guys,. i have a decent amp atm, well its not a decent amp my set up is a keyboard amp and then a seperate pre amp and soem modeling effects which does me fine, its my guiat which lets me doewn currently,. the amp is gonna be an after though.
What is the difference in watts between a tube and a solid state, like volume wise. is a 15watt valve as loud as say a 50watt solid state?

That's not "a decent amp" at all, that's an atrocious setup for what you play...you need an amp far more than you need a guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

For 700, I'd rather have this:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ac30-cc1-112-custom-clas/67837
oh of course im getting a new amp as soon as possible, i just am not made of money and have alot of other stuff which needs paying for, such as trips to malwi and a new trombone
Im thinking about getting a lonestar strat, but only after playing it first, never order online, and then some sorta valve amp, maybe a valve king or someting, but im not a huge fan of em, or i may just leave it, and settle for like a vox valvetronix or someting
get this its a great guitar extremely cheap
its a nuclear bomb for the price of m 80
and then you have room for a new amp
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by National_Anthem

yeah, but the ol' shoe box + elastic bands guitar setup might not sound so good through that as an actual electric guitar through the classic 30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by callum.scott
oh of course im getting a new amp as soon as possible, i just am not made of money and have alot of other stuff which needs paying for, such as trips to malwi and a new trombone
Im thinking about getting a lonestar strat, but only after playing it first, never order online, and then some sorta valve amp, maybe a valve king or someting, but im not a huge fan of em, or i may just leave it, and settle for like a vox valvetronix or someting

the lonestar strat is not something that "needs paying for", that's just another bit of gear you want...doesn't change the fact that an amp is a more pressing need.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
the lonestar strat is not something that "needs paying for", that's just another bit of gear you want...doesn't change the fact that an amp is a more pressing need.

If you new the guitar i have atm, you would understand that it is much more important than the amp
This guitar i have atm is a 100quid strat copy, i bought it cause its see through acrilic, and i new **** all about guitars when i got it. it looks amaizng but plays horribly! i hate it soo much. A Westfeild LP with a string missing and one pickup would be better!
My amp atm gives an amazing clean tone, dont ask me how, but it sounds awsome.
But it doesnt have OD, well not enough gain to sound good unless you go max volume, which with this amp is to loud. So the new amp is something which isnt a pressing matter!

The Guitar Needs to be gotten, fact, the trip to malawi is more important to me than my guitar, so that needs to be paid for first. So yeh, the amp is after that.
Quote by callum.scott
If you new the guitar i have atm, you would understand that it is much more important than the amp
This guitar i have atm is a 100quid strat copy, i bought it cause its see through acrilic, and i new **** all about guitars when i got it. it looks amaizng but plays horribly! i hate it soo much. A Westfeild LP with a string missing and one pickup would be better!
My amp atm gives an amazing clean tone, dont ask me how, but it sounds awsome.
But it doesnt have OD, well not enough gain to sound good unless you go max volume, which with this amp is to loud. So the new amp is something which isnt a pressing matter!

The Guitar Needs to be gotten, fact, the trip to malawi is more important to me than my guitar, so that needs to be paid for first. So yeh, the amp is after that.

At the endof the day if the guitar is that bad (is it a wesley by any chance?) and you feel you need a new one. It's probably a good thing you get a new one for motivational issues to keep you playing and improving.

However a new amp is probably going to be essential to unlock the potential of your new guitar and ultimately probably a better tone

^^ make any sense?

What is your amp?

And a good fat mexican strat would probably be sufficient.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S