yea
my shcool has an ampeg ba115 combo amp
sounds pretty good...it makes my old crappy bass sound like holy crap good

but when ever i bring my stingray in it jsut sounds like ****!

i dont know why...its brand new the speakers arent blown
ive tried every eq even flat
im positive im in the right input jack for my active bass
the volume is at about 5/10

and it sounds like crap...not particularly the tone...which isnt that good...
but any time i hit a low note or play slap it jsut like has a bunch of crap and noise and static like if the speaker were blown
then i plug a different bass into it its fine

whats the deal??

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Is the amp SS? If so, active pickups will sound bad.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by IndianRockStar
It might be that the amp isn't best amp ever. Perhaps the Ray is SO hot it is still overloading the input signal.

thats the only thing that makes sence to me but ****.... the active input is -10db

and i thikn most of the time i have it mostly flat...i might boost the lows and or highs 1 or 2 db for a certain song

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Last edited by Narcotics at Mar 30, 2008,
Sounds like there's too much input volume, or output in the EQ stage. Try turning your bass' volume down, the preamp input volume down, or flatten the EQ and see if that helps.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Sounds like there's too much input volume, or output in the EQ stage. Try turning your bass' volume down, the preamp input volume down, or flatten the EQ and see if that helps.

Fitz is heading you in the right direction. I have a Ampeg B3158 + a Stingray and I have never had the tone problems that you have described in other threads or the problem you're having here. Something is certainly amiss.
On my amp its got a -15 db for the active input. You could try an attenuator(sp?) or limiter but i don't know if that would help
it doesnt have a preamp volume.....it has volume and master volume.... its messed up its a pretty simple little combo

Turn down the volume until the farting stops (assuming you've listened to what I said about the EQ) and raise the master to compensate.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..