im looking at laptops.
i was originally planning on buying a macbook, but Dell laptops are sooo much cheaper.

i really only need the laptop for Homework (Microsoft word and powerpoint), Internet, and Recording (Guitar Tracks Pro 3).

ive narrowed it down to two according to my budget. (im 16)

heres one: Dell Inspiron 1525 (Im looking at the first one, $499)

heres the second: Dell Vostro 1000 (for this one im looking at teh first three, $399, $429, or $499)

Which one would you get or recommend??

Thanks
WOO
im typing to you on an dell inspiron 6000 that is currently falling apart due to carelessness of family memebers, i wouldnt recommend it

id go with the macbook, but im a mac fanboy =D
keep in mind the dell's are cheap..because they are pieces of ****. they will break on you quickly. they basically just deteriorate for no reason at all.
the macbook is a much better idea..and if you want windows just use bootcamp.
definitely the macbook.. especially for recording
well....sorry
Quote by Pantera90
keep in mind the dell's are cheap..because they are pieces of ****. they will break on you quickly. they basically just deteriorate for no reason at all.
the macbook is a much better idea..and if you want windows just use bootcamp.

+1

dells quality has basically freefallen
dude dells suck balls... but if mac's are to expensive (overpriced i mean) go with something like an HP Pavillion DV2000 or spend a little bit more (around 600 if you shop around) and get the HP Pavillion DV6000... fairly decent computers and good to record on... plus pretty damn good speakers for musica!
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Macbook all the way dude.
I bought one recently and I'm so happy with it!
You won't regret it

EDIT: ^or maybe if you like the left one you are much smarter
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
the thing with laptops are , they are all crap until u hit a certain price range, anything 800 and below is pretty much **** that just manages to use barely up to minimum specification parts, that are both cheap and ****ty

once u hit 1000 and above, they start getting to the point at which they will actually be good and long lasting
Quote by i have to pee

this class, is what we call a basher, he has never tried a mac, or has and just doesnt like that it is "different", they bash and breed on internet forums simply because they have enough followers to be considered cool. His e-penis is huge, while the real thing remains limp, shriveled, and unused because in real life, he is a tool.

tomorrow we will study metal fanboys, the test will be thursday
Actually, I have tried a mac. They are overpriced crap. For the same price as a Mac, you could build a laptop much better. Find me a $4500 Mac, then I'll let you see my PC and you will cry. Nothing is wrong with Macs in general except the price. And you're gay if you have one, of course.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Actually, I have tried a mac. They are overpriced crap. For the same price as a Mac, you could build a laptop much better. Find me a $4500 Mac, then I'll let you see my PC and you will cry. Nothing is wrong with Macs in general except the price. And you're gay if you have one, of course.

dude **** you! how on earth does that have anything to do with sexual preference?
what will it be used for?

keep an eye out on slickdeals.net for a laptop, I got an acer Aspire 5570Z with dual core intel processor for free...it was a lot of rebates to fill out but worth it IMO.

It would not be hard to find a great laptop on that site for around $500...

For audio work a desktop is best to use...and get a fast processor.
If you get vista, switch to XP. (I use vista on my home PC but its not great for audio work yet...)
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
dude **** you! how on earth does that have anything to do with sexual preference?

Every gay person I've ever met had a Mac, so obviously, Macs are the choice of the gays. If you don't mind being homosexual, get a Mac.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Every gay person I've ever met had a Mac, so obviously, Macs are the choice of the gays. If you don't mind being homosexual, get a Mac.

i really hope ur just trying to be funny, there is absolutly nothing wrong with peoples sexual preferences (pedaphiles excluded) and if you are being serious then i hope u burn in the hell you probably beleive in
Quote by nt1440
i really hope ur just trying to be funny, there is absolutly nothing wrong with peoples sexual preferences (pedaphiles excluded) and if you are being serious then i hope u burn in the hell you probably beleive in

There is nothing wrong with gays, they just love Macs. So if you want to fit in with the homosexual community, buy an overpriced, overrated computer.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Do not get Vista for laptops.

Either get an XP with the highest option for CPU (Core 2 Duo 2GHz or up) and RAM (2GB or more) or get an mediocre Mac.

Also, I'd consider Newegg for better options/deals.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Vista is just fine as well. All the Vista bashers have yet to use it. A laptop with 2gigs of RAM is better than XP.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
There is nothing wrong with gays, they just love Macs. So if you want to fit in with the homosexual community, buy an overpriced, overrated computer.

overpriced, that may be true

overrated? what about that ****ty OS that EVERYONE uses because thats whats most common?
Quote by nt1440
overpriced, that may be true

overrated? what about that ****ty OS that EVERYONE uses because thats whats most common?

You're talking about Windows? Which is not overrated at all.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Vista is just fine as well. All the Vista bashers have yet to use it. A laptop with 2gigs of RAM is better than XP.

No, I'm running Vista on my desktop, and it works great because I have the specs to run it well. But I know it's usually very slow for laptops unless you get one with a higher end CPU, which usually costs more than $1100.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
is there anywhere where i could find a macbook cheaper??
WOO
Quote by Anj
is there anywhere where i could find a macbook cheaper??

Dude im in your exact same position and i think im just gonna wait and have enough for a macbook, they are really worth it.
I ahvent really checked but maybe ebay though for such a transaction i would recommend buying it brand new from the apple store or an authorized dealer.

And to all the dudes who were linking macbooks to sexuality LOL idiots.
I'm on a Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of ram with OS X 10.5.2, and I must say, after being a PC user until the age of 17, I feel that it was truly worth saving up for. I know the price was steep (roughly $2500 with the student discount) but after working a few extra months, I am very happy with my purchase. Apple threw in a free 30 gig ipod and Hp printer as well. I'm no apple fan boy by any means, I just know when I use a decent product, and so far, I have had not one problem with my mac.
eyes Bright?
Do not get a cheap laptop, especially not a dell. My last computer was a dell and I had problems with it like 2 months in.

Like someone said earlier, laptops aren't really competent until you get into the $800 or more price range. If you plan on running Vista, you'll need 1GB of RAM or more, or else you'll have major problems.

I've never tried a mac though, so I can't help you out there.

Just don't go with any of the cheaper brands like Dell, Gateway, Compaq, or Acer.
Quote by i have to pee
You're talking about Windows? Which is not overrated at all.

can i get a facepalm?

the only reason people truly love windows most of the time is because they havnt used anything different, and when they do, they immediately reject citing "its different" as their reason
Quote by nt1440
can i get a facepalm?

the only reason people truly love windows most of the time is because they havnt used anything different, and when they do, they immediately reject citing "its different" as their reason

Are you from Earth? Every intelligent person I know says that Windows is a piece of **** and prefer any version of Linux or OSX over it. Try to be a little informed when you try to call something overrated. Popularity =/= quality.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
Are you from Earth? Every intelligent person I know says that Windows is a piece of **** and prefer any version of Linux or OSX over it. Try to be a little informed when you try to call something overrated. Popularity =/= quality.

Exactly. I never said Windows was the best, but it is not overrated at all. Underrated is more like it.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by nt1440
this class, is what we call a basher, he has never tried a mac, or has and just doesnt like that it is "different", they bash and breed on internet forums simply because they have enough followers to be considered cool. His e-penis is huge, while the real thing remains limp, shriveled, and unused because in real life, he is a tool.

tomorrow we will study metal fanboys, the test will be thursday

humiliating fail.

that was a terrible attempt at making a funny, seriously.

EDIT: on topic, my toshiba satellite laptop is perfectly fine. i've screwed it up a couple of times but i always manage to fix it fine. it's had its course of viruses, trojans, and other unwanted crap that i've gotten rid of with some hard work. mine isn't anything flashy, but everyone else in my house (five kids, two parents) has computers that are way more expensive that just break down. I even got this one used and it's perfectly fine--for $500 on ebay. look into toshibas. either their overall quality is really good or i got lucky
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Last edited by westo at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by Rocking-Rob
your not gay but need to learn how to wire efficiently?

well look at the picture, there's something under the monitor, a webcam, a mouse, a keyboard, something on the computer itself (probably a router or something), and the wires are all bunched together with rubber bands and crap because the wires themselves are too long
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████