My amp gives me the option of using 4,8, and 16 ohms. how do i match the resistance and what should i change it to if i want to add another matching cab?? the cab is 16 ohms.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Mar 30, 2008,
Well, first of all thats actually impedance, not resistance. You should find some kind of switch on the back of your head that gives you the option of running at whatever ohms needed. Just switch the cab and head to the same ohms. If you can run both at 8, that's what I'd use.
ah ic, thanx man both for the advice and correction of my mistake. now what should i do if i wish to add another cab exactly like the one i already have??
Quote by Ziggy936
ah ic, thanx man both for the advice and correction of my mistake. now what should i do if i wish to add another cab exactly like the one i already have??

I've been told to just cut it in half, so I guess running 8 ohms cabs what I would do is put the head at 4 ohms, but I could be wrong.

And I didn't mean it wasn't like completely resistance, impedance is just resistance of a circuit to alternating current.