I told my friend so many reasons (that I found on UG) why not to get a Line 6 spider III amp, priced at $300. (75 watts)

Any suggestions of what to get at that price range or lower would be great. I have a AD30VT, and I'd be pissed if he got the same thing, but if it's for the best, I'd tell him go for it.
why would it piss you off if he had an AD30VT?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Mikeizzle
cause I have it... idk im just a douche about that stuff I guess.

tell him to get a roland cube 30. its cheaper than 300, and he can use the rest of the money on a good cable or something.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Blackheartttttt
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
http://www.pignoseamps.com/index.php?disp=detail&subcat=portamps&id=253

tell him to get one of these. suprisingly good little amps. have been used in studios all over the world, and alot of proffesional players use them as their live amps. only have a volume control but amazing tone for such a little amp. and its cheaper than the line 6 or the cube
Quote by Mikeizzle
he wouldn't want 5 watts, I know that for sure. regardless of how good it sounds, and I know he's not gigging anytime soon.

Convince him then I want one really bad. 5W is way loud, my 2W microcube makes my parents mad at night.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

What does he play?
If metal, the Cube 30,
Anything else, a Blackheart Little Giant.
^^Wow, something tells me that I would really dislike your friend.
Tell him that it's a sweetest amp in the price range
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 30, 2008,
even if he does play metal, Blackheart + any booster pedal. The thing sounds freaking amazing from the youtube demos i've watched.

Yeah, good idea.
Tell him that I, a complete tone freak, recommend the blackheart little giant.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Tell him the Blackheart is a lot louder than standard amps too - its tube so will probably hold up to a normal 15/20 watt amp....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
^Show him the thread.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by tr3nt
Blackheartttttt
isn't that a head only
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.