I have been playing an acoustic guitar for a few months now, my wife got it for me off of ebay for like 20 bucks brand new....yea I know it was a horrible idea and my fingers are thrashed from it, but I have been able to pick up enough off of it that I now have a deep desire to learn even more, and this time I must go electric...I know that I need to really find a guitar that fits me, but I was woundering if anyone could help narrow my choices....I'm looking for something that is good for beginners probally around 200 bucks are so... Are the starter kits that come with a guitar and amp and such worth it or they just a joke? Thanks for the help in advanced
despite what ppl say squires suck spend a little more and get a mex strat if ur looking for a strat.
The starter kits are not all that good, usually either you get a good guitar and a bad amp or the other way around.
Sorry to say that, but if want to start out on something decent and reliable you'll have to invest between 300$ and 400$.
A decent beginner guitar is the Ibanez GAX30. (go to www.Ibanez.com to check it out.)
When it comes to amps, take a look at the roland cube 15.
Don't buy a 10 watt amp, their sound is remarkably inferior to 15 watt amps, while the price is nearly the same. And before anybody suggests it: Peavey practice amps sound horrible.

EDIT: You can buy a guitar and an amp for 250$ combined. But you will reget it shortly afterwards and you'll buy better equipment anyway.
starter packs are great
but only if your startubg
cause you get a low quality guitar and a little bitty amp
Quote by TheQuailman
Peavey practice amps sound horrible.

What? Peavey SS amps are some of the best I've ever heard.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Roland Cubes are nice practice amps. Nice rectifier model for the mettles.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I started out with a starter pack, one of those squires....I didnt think it was all that bad, cause say if you do spend 400 bucks on a half decent guitar and amp, if your really serious about it your eventually gonna spend way more...so why spend more money in the process when your learning the exact same thing, and are gonna be upgrading in the future anyways
Quote by stradivari310

The practice amps are horrible...I have the one that that came with my starter back and it's just brutal.
I agree save up 300-400 dollars and buy thing separately. I hated my starter pack.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Quote by stradivari310

Not all SS amps, just the little 15w ones. They sound buah!
Quote by TheQuailman
Not all SS amps, just the little 15w ones. They sound buah!

I was gonna say.. my friend just got a Rage 258 and it's the best 25w SS amp I've ever heard. It compares with some 5w tube combos in terms of tone. No joke.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
I was gonna say.. my friend just got a Rage 258 and it's the best 25w SS amp I've ever heard. It compares with some 5w tube combos in terms of tone. No joke.

I play through a 15w Peavey Rage when I'm having lessons and I find it's the worst sounding amp I ever came across. It just sounds like an electric razor to me.
Maybe it's just my taste though.
Meh, this is not worth arguing about, each to their own I say.
For starters, what kind of music do you or would you play?
I'd reccomend to check out some Squiers and lower end Epiphones.
Quote by stradivari310

Have you compared it to any other SS's in that range? like a Cube 15X or something(I'm getting a new amp soon, I'd like to know what to get)
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
when i started i started out with the fender strat pak
it came with 1 15 watt amp a cord headphones a bag some piks and a fender squier strat
i recommend getting that
SAMSTA
^^I compared it to every other amp in the price range, and it was the best out of them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣