I have some okay-ish pickups and I've been wanting to replace them but the temptation of FX is just so... tempting. No matter what you say I'll probably just get the new pickups but i would like to consult the boards before I do anything that I might regret.

If I were to get pickups I'd get EMG's.

P.S.: is it worth the extra 40$'s an hour to have my new pickups installed professionally?
Also, my current pickups are pretty high will I have to lower my action in order to get lower pickups? (I actually kinda want my action lowered anyway, I just want the answer for informative purposes)
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Active pickups will not sound good on your Cube. I recommend a new amp if you want to change your tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
get the EMG's - more awesome than (most) effects. Its probably worth the extra money if youve never installed some before either
it would be much better if you could put the pickups in yourself especially if you are paying $40 per hour. it is not worth that if you know how to put them in.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
40$/hour? Is that the only place you can get them done? I'd say it's worth it if you don't know how to do it, especially with brand new pickups that cost as much as EMG's.
Last edited by StraightxXxEdge at Mar 30, 2008,
I'll say it again. EMG's + SS amp = crap. That is a combination you will regret.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I say save all your money for a while and get new amp.

But if u really want the pick ups, knock urself out.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I'll say it again. EMG's + SS amp = crap. That is a combination you will regret.

Take that back
Everyone said that back when I was deciding to get emgs with my cube 60
I decided to get the schecter hellraiser 81 85 because I knew I would get a tube amp soon anyways

The emgs have a great deep thick bassy tone, also a bit crispy electric sounding
not bad at all, don't listen to these idiots
But on clean or anything other than metal, playing chords gets a bit muddy, single notes sound amazing
When I've used EMGs on Cubes, they haven't sounded that good. And by that, I mean they sounded awful.

Your Epi pickups aren't that bad. If you want some FX, get some. They're far more fun, and will do more for your sound than pickup swaps. Unless you really dislike your stock pickups, don't bother changing them.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music