So UG, what made you pick up your first guitar? I just always wanted to play then i got one at the end of 8th grade(i'm a jr. now) when i quit band , and i love it. so whats your reason?
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Everything I listen to, I just want to be able to create music. In doing so, it's made me have a much higher appreciation of any music I listen to.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
When I was 17 I really got into Rage Against the Machine and felt that I could either murder a bunch of people or translate my angst into music. I now feel more or less the same, only from the standpoint that I use create music to express my feelings.
because it sounds good
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Songwriting. I was writing lyrics for a friend at the time (he'd write the music and I'd write the words) and I just kind of decided one day that I wanted to pick up the guitar and write songs that were entirely my own.
Reason I started playing: I loved RHCP and Nirvana when I was 11, wanted to be like them

Reason I formed a band - I heard Where Is My Mind by the Pixies, it was the most perfect thing I'd ever heard, and I wanted to make someone feel like that.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
I actually never wanted to play guitar, but instead wanted my dad to buy me a DMM1 Daron Malakian signature, but he said only if I learned guitar first.

Fell in love with it and now practice like 7 hours a day.

Still haven't got that DMM1 ¬¬
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
My dad had this bass always rotting away somewhere and i liked the look of it and first i just held it cause it looked cool ( iwas young) and then in 2nd grade ( that's second highschool year here) i got an epiphone sg special (cheapest of the cheapest)
And i started to play electric guitar and sing, and i got into hardrock and metal 2 years earlier, now i mainly play bass again on a bass i won at a lottery xD and that how it happend
I was sort of brought up into it, my dad is a studio guitarist and has toured with the likes of Haggard and Nelson in his prime, but right now I'd say he's in a little drought.

I just started playing with one of my dad's one day and got real serious about it about 4-5 years ago.
ehh i started playin guitar hero and i was feeling like a loser that i couldnt do anything but play a peice of plastic...so i got an SG and started teaching myself and now i cant live without it
I went to see a play called return to the forbidden planet. Had lots of music in it. That's when I started acoustic

Then I heard the songs Layla, and N.I.B. I was hooked.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
well my dad played guitar and i wanted to be like him so i started playing guitar when i was 7. then i took a break and picked it up again when i was 11 because i started listening to rock a lot and when i saw Frank Iero play with soooo much passion i really wanted to do that.
Because I wanted to get chicks.

There I said it, it's actually true. Didn't work out though. Instead I started loving music and playing my instrument (and I learned how to make delicious muffins, but that's a different story alltogether).
When I was much younger, I heard Layla and thought to myself; "I need to learn that shit."

I started about 6 or 7 years later.
it had to be the songs that were just amazing...i wanted to play those catchy riffs n such. i know that now i have an apreciation for all music...even like disney channel bands lol
I just do it for the chicks.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
i listened to my cousins playing together at my house once, and i like the way live music sounded, so i wanted to make my own music...
Quote by C O B H C
When I was much younger, I heard Layla and thought to myself; "I need to learn that shit."

I started about 6 or 7 years later.

LOL.
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
Quote by TheQuailman

There I said it, it's actually true. Didn't work out though. Instead I started loving music and playing my instrument (and I learned how to make delicious muffins, but that's a different story alltogether).

+1

well not the muffin part... i cant bake i just get mine from tim hortons:P
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
bands like Iron maiden Metallica Black sabbath I grew up on their music and always wanted to make stuff as powerful and hardhitting as those guys
"Well you said I might get laid more if I didn't play pokemon... but I decided getting laid more isn't worth not catching them all."

E-married to the Super Fantastical simply_me(:
I had wanted to play ever since I was like 7 years old.
I've been obsessed with rock and metal for all my life. In fact, the 1st band I ever heard in my life was Van Halen.
After thatr was Styx.
Then Metallica.

I didn't actually start until I was 12...
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Mar 30, 2008,
My friends and I were going to start a band (me playing keyboard), but I wanted to play guitar instead so I decided to learn. The band fell through though because no one was all that dedicated and we promised this one girl she could play guitar but it turns out she didn't even own one.

That said, I'm really, really glad I stuck with it.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I always liked the sound of a guitar, and I'm still in love with it even after all these years
My sister and Guitar Hero
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by acoginthesystem
felt that I could either murder a bunch of people or translate my angst into music. I now feel more or less the same, only from the standpoint that I use create music to express my feelings.

+1

Quote by TheQuailman

+10
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Saw SOAD, Thought, holy ****, that guitarist is awesome!....2 months later theres a epiphone PS juinor standing in my croner =D...but i got rid of it last month to get ma iceman XD
Last edited by Fuwbar at May 9, 2008,