Whenever i hit the lower notes on the G string the A string rings at first i thought i ustve accidentally hit it. Than i tried again making sure neither finger is near A and its still rings
only happens when i play the second fret on G too
anyone know why its doing that?
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Last edited by Tyranus-3121 at Mar 30, 2008,
Try tightening the tuner. Particularly the screw right on top of the tuning machine itself(the part you twist).
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Quote by Link.JohnIrving
Try tightening the tuner. Particularly the screw right on top of the tuning machine itself(the part you twist).

That's not even close to being the correct answer.

Tyranus, what you are experiencing is normal, and a part of every string instrument. See, every string produces the note to which is has been tuned to, but it is also producing other notes as well. These other notes are what is causing a different string to start vibrating, all on it's own it would seem. The other notes are coming primarily from the exact spots where you perform harmonics, the 5th, 7th and 12th frets, but it's also happening higher up, over the soundhole even. If you notice that when tuning up, you sometimes might have to mute certain strings so that an electronic tuner can lock onto just the string you are currently working on. All tuned up, pluck the high E string and then feel the low E right away. It'll be vibrating too, but you are no where near that string and for sure didn't pluck it. It's the same note and the vibrations traveling throughout the guitar are causing the low E to start vibrating also. What about two dissimilar notes, such as the G string and A. Pluck the G string at the 2nd fret, how come the A string is ringing? Same reason, it's the same note, but an octave apart. If it bothers you, try muting the unwanted note with your frethand. Otherwise, enjoy it.
Yeah came to that conclusion, but thanks. Just alot louder than it normally was, though that can probably be due to the new strings and lower gauge than normal
thanks
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I didn't think it would be something as simple as resonance. The reason I suggested that was because I was getting a similar situation, but instead of the string ringing out it would kinda buzz.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

buzzes on an acoustic can be hell to find is it a high fret is it a loose tuner is it a loose brace uneven saddle bad fret behind what you are actually playing why cant they just make it easy.