How do EQ pedals work? and what can they do for your sound? i read an article from Kerry King stating that in order to beef up his JCM800 (before the production of his 2203KK) he would use an MXR 10 band graphic EQ.
An EQ pedal let's you boost specific frequencies according to taste, i.e. more bass response, less mids, no treble. Really useful if you ask me.
It's basically a graphic representation of the bass, middle, and treble knobs on your amp with more control over individual frequencies.
cheers to the both of you, just a little confused when i read things about "15k" etc. what are they refering to?
Frequencies, the higher the value, the more treble. The lower, the more bass.

g/bedit: It's like he said about a graphical representation: The farther left on the EQ, the bassier the sound the farther right, the more treble.
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by Luke_Senior
cheers to the both of you, just a little confused when i read things about "15k" etc. what are they referring to?

I believe thats 15kHz meaning its referring to the 15k band of the frequency. The lower the number, the more bass.

EQ is a very powerful tool...when used correctly. You can really do a lot to your sound with a good EQ. BTW, stay away from that Fish & Chips EQ pedal, its a little noisy and all plastic...the MXR units are the way to go.
Last edited by moody07747 at Mar 30, 2008,
The numbers are the cycles per second. 15khz = 15,000 cycles per second. 440hz is 440 cycles per second which is equivalent to middle A.
The dan electro fish n chip is FANTASTIC
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
ok... but looking at that picture of the MXR makes my head hurt... but im sure ill get the hang of it