Tonights matchup:

Peavey JSX 212 Combo $1550
VS
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster (2x12) Combo $2200 (essentially unavailable used)

Both of these amps are considered very versatile, which is a must for me (I play Jazz through Death Metal).

The question, is the Roadster worth the extra cash? Keep in mind my funds are very limited.

(Please do not automatically pick the Roadster because it is a Mesa/Boogie, I have played both of these amps and I though highly of each. I would be more proud of the Mesa, however I find it hard to believe its worth $700 more... I wouldn't mind putting that towards say, new pickups and a couple pedals, etc)
well i know the jsx has a ton of gain, but ive heard the high gain channel isnt voiced right for metal rhythms. like its not tight or something. i only got to play one for a little while and i thought it sounded good, but that was about a year ago. its really up to you i guess. if you like the high gain sound of the jsx id say go for it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'd say the Roadster.

- Better cleans
- More sensitive mid-range
- Doesn't have that harsh high end like the JSX

The JSX is a very nice amp, but with your wide range of playing (jazz to death metal) the Roadster is the better choice.