I bought an amp from my friend about 7 months ago for $40.
I really didn't know much about amps back then, but he said it was a good amp.
I realized the other day, i haven't seen anything on UG about Gorilla amp's, so i'm wondering now.

Tell me if you know anything about this amp.

Description:
  • Gorilla GG-25
  • 50 watts
  • about one foot tall
  • only one tone (clean)

it said "Made in Taiwan" if that's any help.
O O

___
I have seen 10 watt Gorilla amps at my local guitar shop but sorry I don't know anything about them. It must be an ok amp to practice in your room though (by yourself!).
sounds like a bass amp, my bro used to have one, great amps, cool tone. we used to jam and gig with it.
I've used one several times when i used to take lessons. The one i used wasn't that bad.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I have seen 10 watt Gorilla amps at my local guitar shop but sorry I don't know anything about them. It must be an ok amp to practice in your room though (by yourself!).

yeah, it's okay, it's got kind of an overdrive sound to it, like an old Jimi Hendrix concert or something, it's pretty good though, worth a little more than $40.
O O

___
I thought that UG had this big vendetta against Gorilla Amps, similar to the Marshall MG's hate parade. Search bar anyone?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I thought that UG had this big vendetta against Gorilla Amps, similar to the Marshall MG's hate parade. Search bar anyone?

Obviously not a good one, as I've never heard of it. First page of search results didn't show anything, and I really can't be fagged to look all that much.
Quote by gface
its a gorilla amp.... read around THIS IS THE SHIITEST AMP EVER AND THE MARSHALL MG and Fender SQUIRES

Ohh and i dont know what the problem is

Quote by igotabcrich32
Thats not a tube amp. And Gorilla amps are horrible

Quote by Guitarmike123

No it isn't, I have played far worse amps than the MG.
Like a 10 watt SS gorilla from 1987 *shudders*
The only real problem with the MG is that they are horribly overpriced.

Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
consider this- what would sound better, a Squire strat through a Mesa/Framus/Bogner/Orange type amp, or a Gibson through a 10 watt Gorilla amp? t

And my personal favourite, from the thread "What are the worst bits of gear in the world?":

Quote by CJRocker
Gorilla amps - My god, you have to play one to believe it

Proof lol
Quote by bartdevil_metal
And my personal favourite, from the thread "What are the worst bits of gear in the world?":

Proof lol

Fair enough.

Are you taking notes, TS?
Gorillas are horrible amps, but it's alright, you get what you pay for. They're not overpriced like the Marshall MG's. The 20 watter is like 60 bucks on an online store, so you probably got a good deal.
Heck, 40 bucks is worth it to make a semi-epic video of you blowing it up.
atleast that's what I would do.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Erock503
yeah, I had one, fine for a little practice amp. Want to see something funny, Mattias using one, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq0xvSJojw

I dont really think he's that good.
all he does is tapping and whammy bar stuff
its just like wanking over a backing track. Its reiculous
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
it said 50 watts on the back of it, but that amp says GG-20 and is 20 watts, and my amps says GG-25, so i guess it's 25 watts, that would make sense...right?
O O

___
^Yeah. If it says 50 watts on the back, that probably means the INPUT power (how much power it uses or something like that?), not the output power.
If the model is GG-25 it's prolly 25 watts. Does it have reverb on it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Yeah. If it says 50 watts on the back, that probably means the INPUT power (how much power it uses or something like that?), not the output power.
If the model is GG-25 it's prolly 25 watts. Does it have reverb on it?

nope, nothing, it's just a basic amp.
O O

___
When I lived in L.A. in the late 80's to the mid-90's, about 1/3 of the young guitarists I met had a Gorilla amp. They were all 5 or 10 watt solid state practice amps that sounded decent for a cheapo solid state pracice amp. A couple of them had "tube stack" switches for distortion.

I nearly forgot about them until this thread. They've been off my radar for close to 15 years.
I have a CG-25 from the 80's. I wouldn't call it the worst amp ever. First of all it's solid as a rock. The tube overdrive sound is kind of smooth. In addition to AC it's got a 12V input so you can run it from your car lighter plug. My wife uses it as a PA with a mic to sing along with her piano play'n. For a little practice amp it will do, but it's nothing special.
Quote by carpepax
When I lived in L.A. in the late 80's to the mid-90's, about 1/3 of the young guitarists I met had a Gorilla amp. They were all 5 or 10 watt solid state practice amps that sounded decent for a cheapo solid state pracice amp. A couple of them had "tube stack" switches for distortion.

I nearly forgot about them until this thread. They've been off my radar for close to 15 years.

Mine's got a "tube stack" switch, i forgot to mention.
O O

___
I have had a 60 watt CG-60 Gorilla amp since 1980's..... it's a great solid sounding warm blues amp.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of a more modern amp ... however for a great robust sound it is a "great" amp. It does have a very powerful distortion channel as well... I personally like a pure rich reverb sound.