the first robot guitar 'only' costs about 1800/1900 dollar. its a lot less then these, don't know why these are much more expensive though
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
If I did songs in several tunings I would seriously consider it as my main guitar.

The problem is that people only see it relative to their needs. Just because you only play in one tuning, making the process of tuning equal to compensating for natural detuning, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Farether
the first robot guitar 'only' costs about 1800/1900 dollar. its a lot less then these, don't know why these are much more expensive though

don't know anything about the first robot guitar but you have to think about inflation and the fact that your paying for Gibson name
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
If I did songs in several tunings I would seriously consider it as my main guitar.

The problem is that people only see it relative to their needs. Just because you only play in one tuning, making the process of tuning equal to compensating for natural detuning, doesn't mean everyone else does.

U have different tunings on different guitar with different strings..
Is it at least as good as the LP standard? Cos it looks like a studio...would be a shame if they put robot-tuning technology on a model that isn't so great.

You know, it's not Gibsons idea. I remember reading an article about a some small company making a self-tuning guitar using the same principle a year before Gibson had this.

Opinion: better than a self-tuning guitar is a guitar that stays in tune.
^It is a Studio. A run of the mill studio with a newfangled paintjob and the Tronical Powertune system, which has been out for almost a year. Any guitar can become a "robot guitar".
Quote by RazorAlex93
U have different tunings on different guitar with different strings..

yep because having 4 Gibson Les Pauls makes more sense than having one that quickly changes tunings.

It's aimed at gigging musicians who change tunings several times a set. It does it's job very well. If it isn't for you fair enough, but don't say it's pointless just because it doesn't satisfy your needs.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^It is a Studio. A run of the mill studio with a newfangled paintjob and the Tronical Powertune system, which has been out for almost a year. Any guitar can become a "robot guitar".

Holy ****, it is.

Big mistake, Gibson. This thing fails.

Nothing Gibson make is bad per se, but some of their guitars just aren't the quality you'd expect from Gibson.
Wow, that's actually way cheaper than I thought it would be.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Ooo its like twice the price now coz of the purple colour!
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
Ooo its like twice the price now coz of the purple colour!

and thats the coolest part about it! The purple paintjob!
Yes I would. Im not someone who thinks the option of tuning your guitar by hand or not determines how good of a player you are.