Page 1 of 2
when i went to iran a few years ago when i was about 14, i went into some music centre with a ton of instruments. i was lookin threw a shop n i saw the most beautiful guitar ever. a see threw green les paul. i was wondering if anyone knows were to get a hold of 1.
Quote by sia_uk
when i went to iran a few years ago when i was about 14, i went into some music centre with a ton of instruments. i was lookin threw a shop n i saw the most beautiful guitar ever. a see threw green les paul. i was wondering if anyone knows were to get a hold of 1.

its call see THROUGH.
and they're crap. but they look cool.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Lol, someone used babelfish or something. I suggest looking on a guitar sales website, or look round various makers'. Do you remember the brand?
You're 17 and you type like a 12 year old?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Did nobody actually read the see through green part?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I've not seen any see through Les Paul's but I know B.C Rich do, or did, an acrylic line.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by keithward
les pauls are gibson or epiphone

Sigged.
you're almost as dumb as the TS

It was probably a galveston acrylic.
I heard that they make colored acrylic guitars...
but then again if it was in Iran, it was probably something that was more local.
so our chances of finding it are like, 0.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The only guitar I have played thats see through and has sexellent tone is the Ampeg Dan Armstrong that I so badly want.

Most others are usualy crap.
^ya dude joe perry of aerosmith played one of those and his tone is great. they had one in my local shop the other day and i was gonna play it but a sign said i had to ask for assistance so i didnt bother
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
that guy is technically correct, les paul as a name is trademarked by gibson, hence why you dont get a PRS Les Paul, its called something else

anyway, yeah, im sure it sounds like a piece of crap, and who wants a see through guitar anyway?
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
PRS Les Paul, its called something else

PRS Singlecut. And I do believe they are back in production if I'm not mistaken.

PRS does a brilliant green finish.
les paul in laymans terms refers to a single cut archtop guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
They have a see-through LP and a Strat at the shop near me, they must weigh like 30 pounds. Its Ridiculous. They sound like crap and they're so cheap.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
English may be sia_uk's 2nd or 3rd or 4th language. It's possible he's referring to a Transparent Green Les Paul. There's absolutely no reason to insult anybody. I'll probably sound like a 3-year old if I attempted Farsi.

hah sry about the spelling, and english is my mother tounge just not bothered to type properly online cut me some slack god dayum, ye the guitar was a les paul, totally transparent (aprt from the neck which i think was a dark mahogany :S) i thought there might have been another1 somewhere else in the world that u guys would have known about. the sound quality isnt important cause ill prolly end up usin it on stage or somin)
..and soul-power im probably way smarter then you
Their (it) wasn't a Gibson I can PROMISE you that, they are made by a crappy crappy crappy clone company.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by sia_uk
hah sry about the spelling, and english is my mother tounge just not bothered to type properly online cut me some slack god dayum, ye the guitar was a les paul, totally transparent (aprt from the neck which i think was a dark mahogany :S) i thought there might have been another1 somewhere else in the world that u guys would have known about. the sound quality isnt important cause ill prolly end up usin it on stage or somin)

Wait, what?

Isn't onstage where you would want your tone to sound the best?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by sia_uk
hah sry about the spelling, and english is my mother tounge just not bothered to type properly online cut me some slack god dayum

If you're too lazy to type properly, then expect to be flamed for it. It's damn annoying to read. Just learn to type properly, it'll be a second nature and soon you won't even notice it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
....I want a transparent strat so badly....
If 80-95% of your tone really comes from your amp, then I'd be solid.
(looking forward to getting a velocette)
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by PimpedOutSquier

If 80-95% of your tone really comes from your amp, then I'd be solid.

I think it's maybe 50-60%? Something like that. But definitely not 80-95%.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Lifted directly from one of those stickied threads, cant remember which one. Don't care though, a clear strat would be beast. Even if I sounded like I was playing through a spider...
Seriousy though, I can't tell a difference between tube and SS, but I play tube because people tell me I sound better...
Anyway, /thread.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Quote by sia_uk

I have no idea, but I saw one of them in a store near mine once. They're nice.
no im sure it was a les paul and it cant sound that bad :s i have a vox amp (dunno the name but its the new big ones), so i dont think it wil sound to scruffy or anything on stage.
regarding benguitars comment, its obviously a clone becasue i saw it in IRAN the crappiest country on earth, theres nothing real there part from the scenery which is being ruined by the people (and america in a few years)
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Lifted directly from one of those stickied threads, cant remember which one. Don't care though, a clear strat would be beast. Even if I sounded like I was playing through a spider...
Seriousy though, I can't tell a difference between tube and SS, but I play tube because people tell me I sound better...
Anyway, /thread.

Turn your amps up
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
this thread has made me laugh like the pit!

i honestly am shocked by peoples spelling.

(i sometimes cant be bothered with grammar and some punctuation - if i am just typing something quickly)
oh get over the whole spelling thing and relax, im not writing a letter to the queen
Quote by sia_uk

so you suck at both spelling and reading?

he said that you spell like a 12 year old, he didn't say a thing about your intelligence

but that's not the point of this thread right?

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2005/07/more-cool-cheap-transparent-guitars.html

there you go, it might work
well, the classic see through guitars are the dan armstrongs, but there are lots of cheap alternatives out there. i have a see through yellow one, made by wesley. i bought it for about forty quid on ebay with a broken tuner. replaced the tuners and put in a new neck pickup (because the stock pickups were absolutely awful) and its a perfectly reasonable guitar. it does its job and cost me about eighty quid including the replacements parts. i have no complaints.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Turn your amps up

Actually I love SS distortion, not the crappy kind on 2 channell SS's, but the kind you get with a nice big boost into a cranked amp... that's what me crate is for.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

si-si-si-si-sigged!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by sia_uk
oh get over the whole spelling thing and relax, im not writing a letter to the queen

youll find UG is fussier than the Queen....
Quote by bjoern_swe
si-si-si-si-sigged!

the comment wasn't that ridiculous. i mean, have you ever actually played live? seriously, the vast majority of venues have crappy acoustics and crappy sound equipment mixed in a way that makes the slight influence of your guitar's body (given that pickups can easily be changed anyway) on your tone pretty much irrelevant. ie, no-one notices your guitar tone on stage anyway unless it is seriously awful.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
the whole sound quality thing has blown way out of proportion. if u've seen a band play live u notice they're not crystal clear n **** like that, its just a guitar i want to play on stage or somin at small venues with like rave lights as such. i have sen that les paul one a few times , but the whole point of it was for it to be transparent green
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
the comment wasn't that ridiculous. i mean, have you ever actually played live? seriously, the vast majority of venues have crappy acoustics and crappy sound equipment mixed in a way that makes the slight influence of your guitar's body (given that pickups can easily be changed anyway) on your tone pretty much irrelevant. ie, no-one notices your guitar tone on stage anyway unless it is seriously awful.

yep - some rigs can be utterly destroyed by the venues no matter what!
The green acrylic LP copies used to be all over ebay. According to most reasonably well informed sources, guitars made of lucite or acrylic are heavy and have great sustain. Plus there aren't different grades of the material so a $90 ebay strat has a body that every bit as quality as a $1500 Ampeg Dan Armstrong.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Page 1 of 2