well i been playing for half a year now on a fender strat, but then decided to get a new guitar, so i asked friends and looked online a bit, then less then a week ago i bought a used PRS Santana SE, its a great guitar and everything, but theres one problem, when i strum certain notes, other strings will vibrate even when i dont touch them at all, its extremely annoying, like for example, if i strum the 7th fret on the D string, the string above it starts to vibrate also, and if i pull my finger off the fret then i still hear the vibrating from the string above it, and it is damn annoying, i really dont want to return this guitar, i love it, so if anyone can help id really appreciate it

p.s. my fender never had this problem, so i was wondering maybe it could have something to do with the fact that the PRS strings dont go into the body of the guitar like my fender's did (the fender could whammy and the PRS can't)
Maybe the separation between the strings is different, and so when you fret one string, your fingers bump the other strings. That shouldn't make very much noise though, unless you're pressing your fingers far too hard.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Many times it is due to low action. I have really low action on one of my ibanez, and i have to carefully mute as any hammer on, will make every other string vibrate.
You've been playing half a year and you've got a Fender Stratocaster and now a PRS Santana model? I call bull****.

You really don't need to return the guitar, just bring it to your local guitar store and they'll sort it out if you describe the problem in enough detail to them. It's probably something minor, don't worry so much.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
YEs indeed. have it set up
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by dgme92
You've been playing half a year and you've got a Fender Stratocaster and now a PRS Santana model? I call bull****.

Not necessarily... some kids just have really rich parents. I'm guessing your not one of those kids.... it's ok though, me neither haha.

Threadstarter, either your just not used to playing the different neck or you need to get it set up. Getting it set up is recommended anyway to get the most out of it.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
I really dont like spoilt kids, unless he has a job...
MIM Tele
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall ED-1 Compressor
Morley Power Wah
Boutique booster
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Electro Harmonix #1 echo
THE BEAST (head)
Line 6 Spider II head
D130F
Greenbacks
Quote by RobDaBomb
well i been playing for half a year now on a fender strat, but then decided to get a new guitar, so i asked friends and looked online a bit, then less then a week ago i bought a used PRS Santana SE, its a great guitar and everything, but theres one problem, when i strum certain notes, other strings will vibrate even when i dont touch them at all, its extremely annoying, like for example, if i strum the 7th fret on the D string, the string above it starts to vibrate also, and if i pull my finger off the fret then i still hear the vibrating from the string above it, and it is damn annoying, i really dont want to return this guitar, i love it, so if anyone can help id really appreciate it

p.s. my fender never had this problem, so i was wondering maybe it could have something to do with the fact that the PRS strings dont go into the body of the guitar like my fender's did (the fender could whammy and the PRS can't)

read the flippin post.
no, my parents are not rich, and im not spoiled i dont have a job, instead i just shovel snow for people and stuff like that, and this was a used SE so it was only $375, and the guy at Guitar Center took $25 off of it, so it wasnt to bad, but also i was lookin online and i think it could be string resonance, im not totally sure, but i think it could be cause this guitar doesnt have string trees, and my fender did

if anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix string resonance that would be great