I've had my Boss DS-1 for a while but I rarely use it. In what cases is this pedal usually used for, I don't really use it with my Mesa anymore because I get every tone I want with it but give me some ideas I could use it for pleasee??

If not I can get $25-30 on eBay for it and I'm saving for a new guitar (SG standard, American Fat strat, 72 tele deluxe, haven't decided) and I'm about half way there.

edit; Thought I could use it as my first pedal on my pedalboard when I start building it after I get my new axe.. eh?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 30, 2008,
Wanna do a trade for a Digitech Screamin blues (more of an OD?)
I want a DS1 so I could mod it a bit and see what I can do with it.

Or, you can mod it yourself, or just sell it, but it may be worth it to mod it.
Maybe for those times when you want a different disto tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Keep it if you like it. No brainer?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
dang it you dark I May be willing to pay cash for it if you want to
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Because you can't get $20-30 out of it on ebay and will be wasting your money posting on ebay

They go for $39 on GC, probably get if for $40 plust tax or $35. So who will buy...well except stupid ones... hmmm ...stupid ones... judging buy all the thread i read and see on this forum there are alot of them. Just sell it and you can prolly get the money you want (good luck )
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^You want to buy the DS1 or My Screamin blues?
Actually... NVM on the DS1. I forgot that my friend is interested in my screamin blues.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah I just bought one specifically to mod. Stock is pretty useless especially with a nice amp. Honestly, unless you're looking for another distortion tone, I would ditch it and put the money towards something you'll actually use.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
yes I want the DS-1 I wanna mod one
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by angeldef
Because you can't get $20-30 out of it on ebay and will be wasting your money posting on ebay

They go for $39 on GC, probably get if for $40 plust tax or $35. So who will buy...well except stupid ones... hmmm ...stupid ones... judging buy all the thread i read and see on this forum there are alot of them. Just sell it and you can prolly get the money you want (good luck )

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=boss+ds1&category0=
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

How can they be modded?

Take off the back, switch out component values and stuff. But, whatever amount of modding you do to it, it'll never match the disto of a higher end tube amp. You could make it an alright boost though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Take off the back, switch out component values and stuff. But, whatever amount of modding you do to it, it'll never match the disto of a higher end tube amp. You could make it an alright boost though.

Maybe I should sell it then..

Yeah, probably a good idea.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If I were you, I'd put it in front of a Marshall MG.

That would get you a TOTALLY SLAMMING sound and some CRUSHING overdrive!

I'm so, so sorry...
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
I have a mesa . eh ;p

Haha don't worry I know, I just had to get that out of my system. It's been all I've been thinking about all day. "Crushing overdrive"...Anyway is it even worth the hassle of selling?
^What?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator

^What?

Er... he gets enough crushing overdrive out of his mesa, and thus has no need for a MG, despite what Zakk Wylde tells me.

And if that's not what you are confused about...I was wondering if there was even any point in selling the DS-1 if its gonna bring in a max of $30. It seems hardly worth it for any potential headaches that might be involved.
OHHH. I see. I didn't know if you're talking about selling an MG, his mesa, or the DS1.
I'm alright, just a little tired
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Don't worry about it, after I went back and read it I saw how it could easily be confusing unless you were following my exact train of thought.

so.. sell it? :P

edit; if anyone has a Bad Monkey I'd trade

I got one as kind of an impulse buy - partially because I used to have one and also because I didn't know what amp I was getting. I now know I should have an overdrive, but I'll probably keep my DS-1 because a Keeley mod sounds like a good idea.
Blackballed, which one provides your crushing overdrive, the Rage or the Spider?

TS, on second thought I would sell/trade it since I've never heard a ds-1 mod that comes even close to Mesa distortion. I think replacing it with an od is a better idea.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by rageandlove04
Blackballed, which one provides your crushing overdrive, the Rage or the Spider?

...neither. However I'm getting a VHT Deliverance this summer. I think that oughta do it.
^Good.
I was looking at your gear and everything looks pretty great until I read down to the spider.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Good.
I was looking at your gear and everything looks pretty great until I read down to the spider.

Yeah...think I'm gonna get rid of my gear sig til I get the new amp so that people won't judge me for past mistakes .

EDIT: ^Consider it done. Also, to TS, sorry for straying your thread off topic.
On topic: Sell it, sell it, sell it!
Last edited by Blackballed at Mar 30, 2008,
anyone interested before i put it up on eBay tomorrow?

I traded mine for a bad monkey and couldn't be happier.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I know it's been said before, but modding it sounds like a really good idea. Even if you don't use it that much it will still be nice for the odd-time, and you won't really get enough back from selling it to make it worth it.

If you know someone who's good with elecronics, or indeed if you are, then these are much cheaper and almost equal quality alternatives to the Keeley mod -

http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#bossds1

http://www.pedaldoc.com/html/english_pedals_pages/boss/ds1_choose_two.htm
I don't want to spend the money modding when I can spend it on useful things..

and thoes mods are $25, thats quite a bit for me haha. I make my money by selling odd things on eBay and selling online gaming accounts.

I know Bostonrocks is getting into pedal modding. He'd probably be interested.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I will buy the DS-1 from you for $17, firm. I am interested in messing around with mods, and yes, I can solder very well.

Let me know,

Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1