Is there any way to avoid injury / deactivate a land mine if you have stood on one but not lifted your foot yet?

just out of curiosity.

I didn't use the searchbar, but I did unsuccessfully try google.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
There are probably a few types of land mines. Depends I guess.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Find something heavy, but if not, you're screwed.

Say...you've not actually stood on a landmine that's been sitting next to your PC have you? Or is this completely random...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
hmm thats a good question i would like to kno to
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
I dunno. Why don't you go try it?
Might want to take out some life insurance before...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
You have to sing and do all the dance moves to Dance Magic Dance from labyrinth, then David Bowie will appear, remove the cucumber from his trousers and ask it wether you should be spared or not
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
well, from my knowledge there are two types of landmines.

The type that if you trip them they immediately blow (think claymore)

The type that when you trip them and are primed to blow when you step off. The only thing I can see you doing is replacing your foot with some weight or something. However, without any help in doing this you are most likely hosed.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
Quote by faultyy
You have to sing and do all the dance moves to Dance Magic Dance from labyrinth, then David Bowie will appear, remove the cucumber from his trousers and ask it wether you should be spared or not

LOL
Quote by faultyy

O.o
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by groll01
O.o

Seriously man, its happened to me on numerous occasions
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

So your typing this from your phone while standing in a minefield? Hmm call and get insurance on yourself.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
Quote by black-sabbath
I dunno. Why don't you go try it?
Might want to take out some life insurance before...

**** that, I'd just quicksave.

And no, I haven't stood on one next to my computer. Bute theres a few by my fridge so I thought I'd get a headstart.

And to the guy who said 'no, you die' -

how come you see loads of kids with missing limbs from landmines? THEY didn't die.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

i have always wondered about this since watching behind enemy lines
Learn to fly away. Really fast.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by shoolocomous

how come you see loads of kids with missing limbs from landmines? THEY didn't die.

That usually happens when David Bowie is busy somewhere else, it's not fair for them to die without an audience with the cucumber, but then again they can't be let off, otherwise everyone would go stepping on them

Quote by Slinov
i think they're all pretty much activated by pressure, so as soon as your foot is on it, it's about 300 feet (ba dum tsch) in the air.

I think they are activated by being stepped on, but then the actual blowing up is when you move your foot,
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by shoolocomous
**** that, I'd just quicksave.

And no, I haven't stood on one next to my computer. Bute theres a few by my fridge so I thought I'd get a headstart.

yea. i think the purpose of a land mine is just to blow a limb off.

think about it..

if they blow someones leg off, it takes 2 or more people to carry them to safety, thus making the military weaker every time someone steps on one.

if it just killed you, then that would only be 1 less person, not 3
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
theres a movie about this, roughly. a guy ends up stuck on a land mine.

its called No Mans Land, its about the bosnian-serbian conflict. its pretty good, if your into movies about bosnia and serbia.
I have no opinion on this matter.
you cant do it alone, they have a pressure sensor, so when your foot is slightly moved off you go BOOM, so if someone else is there with you then you can probably do it. BUT theres mines nowadays that if you try to do that, they still blow up cause they have a timer, so if you take too long to TRY to deactivate it, you go still go BOOM
Quote by big duck
I think they are activated by being stepped on, but then the actual blowing up is when you move your foot,

I'm pretty sure it's the firing pin hitting the explosive that sets it off
I just know I've seen lots of films (the killing fields springs to mind) where they stop on the mine, it clicks, and then they know they can't move.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
depends on the mine, sometimes the blow immedeately, sometimes not until you step off, in which case the mine can be disarmed, or you can try to dive into a nearby hole or something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Zugunruhe
its pretty good, if your into movies about bosnia and serbia.

Oh I am I am!

okay that was sarcastic, but it does sound alright.

So the general thought is that you lose a leg? Talk about a sinking feeling when you hear that click . . .
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Quote by shoolocomous

So the general thought is that you lose a leg? Talk about a sinking feeling when you hear that click . . .

not so much a sinking feeling, but more like bowel movements.
Quote by shoolocomous

I can gaurentee you it's a worse feeling when David Bowie turns up, starts refering to himself as Jareth the goblin king then reaches into his spandex trousers

Quote by faultyy
I can gaurentee you it's a worse feeling when David Bowie turns up, starts refering to himself as Jareth the goblin king then reaches into his spandex trousers
dont you remember the movie? he moves mountains for no one.

wow, i feel terrible. thats enough internet for one day.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dont you remember the movie? he moves mountains for no one.

wow, i feel terrible. thats enough internet for one day.

He was just saying that to discourage people from frivolously stepping on landmines whenever they see one. He's a very fair man in reality

Quote by faultyy

Wow... ...

Why do I find that so funny ?
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm