I'm lookin to start a build as soon as i get a cheapo squire stratocaster and I hate pickguards. I was woundering what I'd have to do to fill the spots underneath the pickguard. would just plaster of paris work or would i need to get some junks of wood to fill in the holes.

Also can i glue chuncks of wood to the headstock and fill in the tuner holes and make a new shapped headstock seeing as I hate Fender/squire shpapped headstocks.

BTW this is going to be a tribute to randy rhoads RR5 series with plack pinstripes in strat format.

Jamison
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
It's spelled "Squier".

And what's wrong with the pick guards on strats? They;re not in the way, and they might as well be the body of the guitar.
You would need to fill it with wood and then proceed to rear route it...that would be a lot of work...

You may want to look into strat style guitars that dont have a pickguard or a strat style headstock

For cheap I'd check out the dean vandetta or something along those lines. Or check rondomusic.com
If you are going to try and fill all of the cavities under the pick guard with plaster you are a moron, sorry but you are. First it would ship and break in a half a year. Second it would make your guitar sound like crap. and third if your goingto change every thing butthe shape of the neck just build on from scratch.
#1:My design i have dosent look good with one

#2:thank you

#3Its to expensive to start from scratch, its was cheaper this way. Warmoth it would be $500
Gear
I sense some hostility in these responses...

Don't worry Jami, I don't like pickguards either, and sure you can glue wood to your headstock to change the shape, I'm actually planning on doing that to a headstock I've had around for a long time. You inspired me.
OK. Don't forget to post pics when your done.
Gear