im thinking of getting a new guitar, and i really like the ibanez S series, but im not sure which model to get.

price range =£500-750

and i really want one with a white finish and a nice trem

so, any ideas? and if you have one please say how it plays etc

thanks
I have an S470, and i can tell you, its pretty much amazing for the money you spend on it. I'm not sure where you'll get a white one, but the trem, assuming you get the ZR, which is the S standard, is unbelievable. I love the guitar and i highly recommend it.

but on a side note about the trem, my friends tell me that it feels weird/different, but i think thats because they are used to regular floyd rose trems, or copies or whatever.
Quote by uvq
you should get a gibson... seriously..

dont like them, to heavy and i prefer ibanez necks, plus my dad has an epiphone.
i have an s series, they are amazing guitars to play. I'd get another one if i could. Mine isn't a prestige model but it is still awesome. I dunno where you could get one with a white finish but look around there are some awesome finishes on the newer models...
oh and the bridge is totally awesome!!!
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
Quote by griffRG7321
dont like them, to heavy and i prefer ibanez necks, plus my dad has an epiphone.

gibson sg is lighter than a packet of crisps lol.
Quote by uvq
gibson sg is lighter than a packet of crisps lol.

Wanna make a bet on that? Regardless, the S series will be lighter and in my opinion, better.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Can't even compare a Gibson to an Ibanez S,, even if it is the SG, not comparison in weight and size.

Had an Ibanez S, really nice guitar, just not good for what I wanted to play at the time.

Look at Ibanez catalogues, see what models give you what colour and hardware options,
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Get the S470, I was just buying mine at about the exact same time you posted this.
When people say it can produce a huge variety of tones, they mean it. The difference between the 5 different pickup positions is huge!
Amazing for metal, blues, rock, clean stuff.

The trem is a ZR, which is very nice, so there you go, but I don't think there are any white S series guitars at all.

I bought the blue one with the quilted maple, and seriously, it's the coolest looking thing I've ever seen.
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
Definitely a fan of Ibanez S - I SOLD my gibson and it's my primary guitar. Unfortunately I don't think they have any in a white finish for 2008.

The prestige finishes are quite limited to maybe 3 finishes. I'm considering buying the S5470 prestige or the new SV which looks HOT.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Get the S520EX
I don't know about the S470
Haven't really seen it around anywhere