Hello to all. I pretty much know the basics of the guitar and am midway between beginner and advanced. I'm a bit bored of my acoustic and am looking for an electric since all the songs I listen to use the electric. For a budget range between $300 - $600, what would you guys recommend as a good electric guitar for shredding and of the sort? I'm pretty much a rock/metal person. I know that's not being specific but if it helps, I like stuff from bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Dragonforce, Escape the Fate, & etc. Responses appreciated. Thank you!

PS: Along with a good guitar, can anyone recommend a good amp & other essentials to go with an electric guitar?
marshall amp, gibson guitar but you'll need something like $2000 for that sorta stuff...
get an ibanez or an esp guitar or even shecter. for the amp go for mesa boogie or a peavey 6505+
Esp Eclipse EC-1000 (with Seymour Duncans)
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley Tube Screamer Comming Soon
Fender Twin Reverb Commnig Soon
Check out what guitars bands you like play,,, may give you an idea to look at what to look for in a guitar for you.

Personal tastes for guitar shapes you like will determine what brands to look for, and whether you want a floating bridge as well.

Jackson, LTD, Ibanez, Schecter are all going to be suggested for good reasons, up to you to play them and see what is right for you.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Mar 31, 2008,
Thanks for the responses! Any ideas of where I should look for a GOOD starting electric guitar?