Page 1 of 2
Yahtzee
339 IQ
I love this guy, he's an amazing guitarist. Anyone else heard of him?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul (Custom Alpine White)
Austin Sessionmaster
Martin D-15 Acoustic
Fender Jaguar (Reissue)
Antique 1968 Fender Precision Bass

Amps:
Crate Acoustic 15w
Hartke 25w
sLaShRoCks1314
doesnt like slash anymore
461 IQ
my favorite song is miss you hate you
and long distance blues
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
hes my favorite modern bluesmen, because to me he doesnt sound like hes just copying everyone else like almost everyone in the scene is right now (keyword right there is almost)

Jack my swag
GnikNus
April Fool
111 IQ
i just picked up you and me yesterday and i like it. any suggestions on what is should pick up next?

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
GnikNus
April Fool
111 IQ
also, does he use a pick?

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by GnikNus
also, does he use a pick?

yes he does

and you should get Sloe Gin, and/or A New Day Yesterday Live
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
GnikNus
April Fool
111 IQ
all right, thanks, i'll check those out

Quote by wilty00
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
I like him, get his 'Live at Rockpalast' DVD it's really good. He has an awesome bass player.

I think TBH he's a tiny bit 'shreddy' though but I suppose you can't blame him for having good technique.

I love his slide playing, "Down By The River" is a killer song.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I like him, get his 'Live at Rockpalast' DVD it's really good. He has an awesome bass player.

I think TBH he's a tiny bit 'shreddy' though but I suppose you can't blame him for having good technique.

I love his slide playing, "Down By The River" is a killer song.

I like that he pushes the boundaries a little, it makes him a very interesting person to listen to.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

BluesLP1990
116 IQ
Bonamassa amazes me over and over again. Sure, he's got some speed in his pocket. He was singled out as a guitar prodigy type as a young kid. It's amazing to me that he's chose to stick to his blues, but damn is it a good thing that he did. I don't think he ever uses his speed in places it's not needed.

"Highwater Everywhere" & "One of these days" are my current favorites.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by BluesLP1990
Bonamassa amazes me over and over again. Sure, he's got some speed in his pocket. He was singled out as a guitar prodigy type as a young kid. It's amazing to me that he's chose to stick to his blues, but damn is it a good thing that he did. I don't think he ever uses his speed in places it's not needed.

"Highwater Everywhere" & "One of these days" are my current favorites.

yeah, the guy is amazing

I mean, he used to play with Danny Gatton, you gotta be a little bit quick to keep up with that guy

his current style in very Eric Johnson influenced, (maybe a little too much even) but even so, he is amazing.

He has a very good philosophy for playing, and that also makes me like him, though he does seem like he has a bit of an ego
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
The thing I like most about him is his slide playing. He mixes a Ry Cooder style with EJ licks.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
The thing I like most about him is his slide playing. He mixes a Ry Cooder style with EJ licks.

yeah, he doesn't play slide very often though

I'd say he is up there with Trucks too
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
I don't know that there is such a thing for myself, I think as long as the notes are played tastefully, and not just wanked, more power to you.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
I agree with Braedon. No matter how hard you try, you can't fake the blues. Whether or not he plays too fast is up to the interpreter, but what stands out the most is the dynamic nature of his playing.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
I agree with Braedon. No matter how hard you try, you can't fake the blues. Whether or not he plays too fast is up to the interpreter, but what stands out the most is the dynamic nature of his playing.

YEAH!

<_<

>_>

I've been listening to a ****load of JB lately
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
I was too, like last month. It's Monk, Mingus and Montgomery right now for me.

it's been JB, Gov't Mule and right now, some lightning hopkins
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I've been diggin Lightnin' Hopkins recently.

And I agree with you two, he's clearly an incredible talent, but I don't dig his style, because I'm a fan of Delta blues and I find his playing to aggressive for my tastes. But I can still respect skill and obviously his passion. One thing I do like about the man however, is his incredible taste in LPs. I quite like his voice, it's got a gruffness but it's also got a smooth quality to it, it reminds me off Mayer, but it's more powerful and interesting than Mayer's.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Well, I think he's classified as Texas Blues, but he sounds more akin to Juke Joint blues to me.

Wait, wasn't this the Joe Bonamassa thread? Does anyone know how to play Blues Deluxe?
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Well, I think he's classified as Texas Blues, but he sounds more akin to Juke Joint blues to me.

Wait, wasn't this the Joe Bonamassa thread? Does anyone know how to play Blues Deluxe?

no

seriously, if anyone in this forum can play that solo I'd **** myself
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Me too. The volume swells are killer on that. I can hardly do them at all, let alone that fast.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Me too. The volume swells are killer on that. I can hardly do them at all, let alone that fast.

I've never even attempted it, because his solos are all impossible for me to replicate

the only JB songs I can play (so far) are Ball Peen Hammer, Bits of the live Mountain Time intro, when the sun goes down(because it doesn't have a solo)

I'm actually proud that I can play his live version of Steppin' Out by John Mayall, god that took forever to learn
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
I've been working on If Heartaches Were Nickels for like, 6 months.

haha

seriously, I'm going to find a way to extract his talent in liquid form
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
From his penis?

if need be
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

fenderdude06
the telecaster
1,042 IQ
joe bonamasa has had a great influence on my playing, a bit of a wanker sometimes though.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
^ Yeah, what?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Axegrinder#9
I pwn You
913 IQ
yeah saw JB yesterday at the RochesterJazzfest. This guy's guitar sound is so big and nasty, he made feel like Godzilla. Damn right this guy can play the blues, but there's nothing wrong than adding that extra dose of high octane rock edge to it. This guy can tear it up real mean, but what blew me away was his mastery over the acoustic guitar. He did a wicked solo spot with his acoustic guitar and laid some **** down, but never lost the groove. I'm hooked onto this guy fo sho.