alrite so with a 5 watt tube amp i'm not gonna have a bunch of headroom already but i was wondering if there's a good way to maybe keep the clean crunch at higher volumes? i would assume using the guitar volume knob may help but sometimes it feels as if it's taking away some of the character in the tone. really i'd like to be able to play some AC/DC in AC/DC style (not much gain, just lotta crunch).

if not i guess it's no big deal, i can invest in the handsome devil head later in the future.

which brings me to another question:

switching my 50 watt celestion from my Randall RM50 into the blackheart cab would easily make it to where i could switch the handsome devil head to my same cab correct?

maybe these are noob questions but seeings as i've only owned ONE tube amp so far, i would like more experienced vets to reply. thank you and all serious responses are appreciated as usual.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
AFAIK some tubes have different levels of head room. Im not sure so someone will prolly correct me on that. But if so they are worth looking into!
I think the speaker in the Blackheart cab is rated at 75 watts anyway.

edit:
Blackheart BH112 1x12 Guitar Speaker Cabinet Specifications:
* 16 ohms
* Handling: 75W RMS
* 11-ply (18mm) thick, void-free plywood construction
* 12" Blackheart by Eminence speaker
* 2 parallel speaker jacks
* 21"L x 20"W x 11"H
* 30 lbs.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
alrite well keep in mind i still want that awesome raw and gritty natural overdrive when it's cranked all the way!! or will i have to sacrifice that in order for more headroom?

also, why did they put a 75 watt speaker in there if the head is only 5 watts? is it just b/c it's a 12'' and therefor has a minimum wattage it can be? or did they do it b/c they knew they were coming out w/ the handsome devil too and figured people could easily buy another version of their heads w/o buying another cab?

either way i'll still use my 50 watt celestion speaker as it's better than the blackheart standard one
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
anyone?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
If you get more headroom, you're goimg to have to push the amp that much harder to get the overdrive you're looking for. It's a trade off one way or the other.

A 12AT7 has low gain, hence your signal will distort later. More headroom, and more volume before it distorts.
and when i dime it, what would be the difference in how heavy the overdrive is?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
and when i dime it, what would be the difference in how heavy the overdrive is?

It would be less heavy. Don't know how much.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Wait... You want more headroom to get an AC/DC sound? You do know how AC/DC get their sound right...?