what are some good excercises to do to help build up playing speed? i've been doing scales and stuff but they only go so far it seems... i just want a way to gradually quicken my notes per minute and such so thanks in advance to whatever help you might have
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

Quote by seizetheday1103
1 word- metronome!!!

+123456789

metronomes are perfect for speed practice
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
yah, metronome with everything, and check out a book called Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar. Its by Troy Stetina, distributed by Hal Leonard, ect. Pages and pages of exercises and a CD. Im still not THAT fast, but its definantly done a lot for me.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
cool thanks guys - ill try this stuff out
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

Quote by axefreak129
what are some good excercises to do to help build up playing speed? i've been doing scales and stuff but they only go so far it seems... i just want a way to gradually quicken my notes per minute and such so thanks in advance to whatever help you might have

Everything you practice is gradually making you quicker, provided you're concentrating on playing accurately.

The key word here is gradually...speed develops over years, not weeks or months.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Everything you practice is gradually making you quicker, provided you're concentrating on playing accurately.

The key word here is gradually...speed develops over years, not weeks or months.

Yeah. Being clean is FAR more important than being fast, so you should work on THAT first.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: