There was a thread on this exact question maybe a week ago, not to be an ass, but try doing some research next time?

The answer is - What kind of metal do you want?
Quote by guitar/bass76
There was a thread on this exact question maybe a week ago, not to be an ass, but try doing some research next time?

The answer is - What kind of metal do you want?

basically modern metalcore/hardcore and thrash
I think you could, but it really wouldn't be my first choice. What's your budget, were you thinking the 112 or the 212?

For the price of the amp and an od, you could get a better suited amp for those styles.
Quote by MakeItWitChu
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

Ive heard good things about that for those styles of music, and its what i'm planning on buying.

Ive actually tried a 112 valveking. I thought it was alright, the gain itself wasnt really defined for me and there wasnt any punchiness to the palm muting. It did sound a bit better with a bad monkey Ill probably try it again the next time I go to a sam ash.

As far as what Im looking for, basically a step above from my cube 30. So im looking for something that can do metal in a single speaker combo form.