Hey,

I know it's been done a million times but I've done a cover of One. The good part is it's the Master Track version from Guitar Hero 3. As you may or may not know in any GH or Rock Band game you can go into practice mode. If you let practice mode run with out playing you have a great backing track with no guitar!

All the guitar on this is me except for when I do the solos that James backing me up! Thanks buddy You'll be able to tell by the change in tone.

I've only tracked 2 guitars. Not the 5 or so that's going on in the real version.

I'm a little rusty because I haven't played in about 2 years, thanks to these tracks from the GH games I'm having fun playing again. Head to guitarbt.com if you want to download GH backing tracks. One isn't there though I recorded it myself. Enjoy!

http://members.shaw.ca/mogo22/One.mp3
Last edited by mogo22 at Mar 30, 2008,
That's actually really good. The chorus and whole last half of the song guitar parts could be turned up a smidge more to get over the drums and vocals a little bit.

I think you're using a POD, good tone, even if you're not.

There were a few spots where there were wrong rhythms/notes, but maybe 3-one/two second spots over the whole song...nothing bad.

Good job
Wow, that backing track sounds so awesome. I wondered how long it was going to take for people to do this.

Wish you would have turned up your distorted guitar though. If I were you, I'd go back and re-edit that, because it takes a lot of punch out of that part. Very well recorded though, how'd you do it?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I thought the distorted guitar parts are matched up with the distorted guitar parts that are on the track pretty good.

Do you hear a difference in volume when it goes from me playing to the master track during the solo? If I turn it up too much it won't be balanced. Sometimes when you listen to something in headphones to much your ears get fatigued so it's interesting that both comments mention it's too low. I'll try tweaking it later.

Edit: I turned it up some more. That's pretty much it though, any louder and it just won't be a smooth transition from when I'm playing and when the back up guitar kicks in on the master track. Thanks for the crits!

For the recording, I have a guitar, I have a mixer and I have a POD 2.0 that goes into my laptop and I used Reaper for everything.
Last edited by mogo22 at Mar 30, 2008,
that was truly a fantastic cover. the backing track is absolutely phenomenal. good work on that solo too, i love that tapping riff that starts the solo off. it raises the hair on the back of my neck every time i hear it.

i understand that you got the backing track from GH3 but how did you record it?

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
ya sounds good, but how did you get the GH track onto your computer? Did you record it from the tv or what...sounds too good for that tho.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
can ya upload a new one?..this ones all messed up...the begining is screwed and so is the end.
It's not screwed up, that just the way it comes out in practice mode. It's the same way in the cover I did. I just edited out the first part so it's quiet.
Wow man, that was ****ing amazing! everything was great, especially in the heavy ending part. The only messup I could hear was in the first and second clean solos, there are a few sloppy notes, but that can always be fixed. I loved your main solo. Keep it up man! Oh, and could you maybe take a look at my Devil Went Down To Georgia cover?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828054
Thanks man!