anyone know what strings come on the FG730S? I just changed them b/c I was anxious to try out some d'addarios and I really miss the stock ones haha. although the new ones are 11's....
I emailed Yamaha previously to see what strings go on FG750, they said most come with D'Addario EJ 15 or EJ16.
i feel like this is a dumb question but EJ16 is not 16g? What does it stand for?

also... my new DA strings were actually much darker than the strings that had come on the guitar... is this a guage thing or a difference in string company issue?
The gage Yamaha uses most(stock wise) is 11, I am pretty sure of that. I can't help you with the model but the gage should help you a little bit.

"also... my new DA strings were actually much darker than the strings that had come on the guitar... is this a guage thing or a difference in string company issue?"

I don't think that has anything to do with gage, the gage is the size of the string. I think at most it would just be the difference in the type of string. I am not really sure what you are talking about really. I am taking it though you are talking about the look and not the sound.