Hey there UGers. I recently bought the small clone chorus pedal and love it. except for the stupid power supply input jack. i was wondering how hard would it be to mod this to be true bypass so that i can just use batteries all the time.

i know most people might just say to unplug the cable from the input jack, but i do that already.

but im just curious.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
anyone?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
is it a newer small clone or an old vintage one?

pretty sure the new ones are true bypass already.

check the stomp switch. if it's a 3pdt switch then there'll be no doubt that it already is true bypass. then again i could be mistaken but i doubt it.
True bypass and using batteries don't have anything to do with each other. Do you mean you want to be able to leave it plugged in all the time but not have to unplug it? You can definitely make a "master power" switch if that's what you mean.
Quote by Roc8995
True bypass and using batteries don't have anything to do with each other. Do you mean you want to be able to leave it plugged in all the time but not have to unplug it? You can definitely make a "master power" switch if that's what you mean.

Exactly haha...

Its easy to change the 1.5mm female jack to the common 2.1mm male Boss type if that is what your asking.
Quote by noisefarmer
is it a newer small clone or an old vintage one?

pretty sure the new ones are true bypass already.

check the stomp switch. if it's a 3pdt switch then there'll be no doubt that it already is true bypass. then again i could be mistaken but i doubt it.

this is a new one. fresh outta the box as of 2 weeks ago, but the pamphlet it came with said it was not true bypass. and im at school right now, and the pedal is at home. so i wouldnt be able to check till i go home next....whenever that is.

Quote by Roc8995

well i assumed that if something is not true bypass it always saps power from a battery source.

Quote by kurtlives91
Exactly haha...

Its easy to change the 1.5mm female jack to the common 2.1mm male Boss type if that is what your asking.

would changing the female jack just be as easy as removing, drilling the hole to the appropriate size to accomodate, replacing it with the boss jack?

while i do have electronics experience, its been years since it has been put to use. but im assuming that this would be a pretty rudimentary design.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yes its that easy....just use a plastic jack (metal is weird with EHXs grounding). Take note of which wire was the postive and which two were the ground. I have dont this to many of my EHX pedals.
I got an adpater for my small clone off ebay for like 3$
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
you know, if you wanna just use batteries (like you said in your first post) just don't plug it in.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one
yea. but i also have a daisy chain that id like to use to for my tuner, the small clone, and im getting the BBE sonic stomp and the EHX #1 echo. so it would be nice to just have them all powered by the same thing...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yea either buy the right size male jack and cut the wires and solder them on, or get the adapter on ebay like I did for about 3 bucks
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
yea either buy the right size male jack and cut the wires and solder them on, or get the adapter on ebay like I did for about 3 bucks

hmmm...so i take it you want me to buy the adapter for it? i guess 3rd time IS a charm...

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals