Page 1 of 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bass-Fretless-Four-String-Ambrosia-Maple-Lobe-Wishbass_W0QQitemZ130210316469QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote by WishBass
Note. At the present time, i am planning to make up to 1000 of these and then decide if i want to sell the company. Getting near retirement age. So that means there will only be about 150 more of these under these conditions. About a year more, if things go as planned. So be advised that there will not be an unlimited supply of wishbasses, one way or the other.. Thanks for your interest and support.

It appears that wishbass will soon be gone, any thoughts?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I've never really enjoyed the body styles of Wishbass but also have never tried one. The owner is quite the luthier by reputation I here. For that I give him props and regret it if he's actually leaving the business. Talented guy.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a much more profound response from the members of TB.

- AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I'm sure he was rather talented but I always thought those basses were dead ugly, like someone had taken a burl coffee table and made it into a bass.
i agree with tam here but i'd still buy one to have a valid opinion about them and to see if they are as bad as some forum members make them out to be

EDIT

to abovethebridge: What's the point of ending every post with "- AboveTheBridge (ATB)", if we wanted to know who you are then we can look to the left of your post

from the pen of Skater Dan0 (SD0)
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by anarkee
I'm sure he was rather talented but I always thought those basses were dead ugly, like someone had taken a burl coffee table and made it into a bass.

I think they look fairly good, although like every brand he has some stinkers.

*cough*

Looks really comfortable, but man is it ugly.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by anarkee
I'm feeling particularly Fitzy at the moment, so I'm going to pontificate and say that I can almost guarantee that he has made at least a dozen basses from that exact thing.

I thought his company and practices were really, really stupid. He used woods that nobody uses (persimmon or pear fingerboard!?), makes nuts on 4-strings ranging from 1.3" to 2", makes ridiculous fingerboard lengths, makes ugly, inconsistant designs, uses insulting electronics, makes his basses WITHOUT TRUSS RODS (+$100 for a truss rod), and the only finish he uses results in streak marks and drips all over the place. I'm glad he's retiring... I think he's been out in the sun for too long.

Search for his acoustics and try not to vomit when you see them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I'm feeling particularly Fitzy at the moment, so I'm going to pontificate and say that I can almost guarantee that he has made at least a dozen basses from that exact thing.

I thought his company and practices were really, really stupid. He used woods that nobody uses (persimmon or pear fingerboard!?), makes nuts on 4-strings ranging from 1.3" to 2", makes ridiculous fingerboard lengths, makes ugly, inconsistant designs, uses insulting electronics, makes his basses WITHOUT TRUSS RODS (+$100 for a truss rod), and the only finish he uses results in streak marks and drips all over the place. I'm glad he's retiring... I think he's been out in the sun for too long.

Search for his acoustics and try not to vomit when you see them.

Why do you have to hate everything I like.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp

Differing taste, I guess.

As in I actually have it.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by IndianRockStar
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_u35sHICjE

If that is ANYTHING to go by, then it will be no great loss to the bass world. Honestly, what the hell is that sound coming from that bass?!

Oh...oh my...
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I just cried a little.

Not because he's retiring, having to look at those basses.

Ba-zing!
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by kranoscorp

Fitz... I really think you need to sig that. Since I'm here to tell you how to run your online personality and everything.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
They're stupid, stupid, stupid excuses for instruments. What other guitar maker in the world has either frets or trussrods as "optional extras"? The workmanship on them looks to be total crap too. I can't believe anyone buys one.
Quote by WhyLater
Fitz... I really think you need to sig that. Since I'm here to tell you how to run your online personality and everything.
You really think that'd be a better representation of my online personality than a pack of wild dogs being lead by Atilla the Hun?
Quote by smb
They're stupid, stupid, stupid excuses for instruments. What other guitar maker in the world has either frets or trussrods as "optional extras"? The workmanship on them looks to be total crap too. I can't believe anyone buys one.

Dude, check the feedback. There are people that buy a half dozen instruments and say in their feedbacks "God, I gotta stop buying these! But they're so great!"
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by IndianRockStar
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_u35sHICjE

If that is ANYTHING to go by, then it will be no great loss to the bass world. Honestly, what the hell is that sound coming from that bass?!

Oh god my bad intonation alarm just went off big time. That was worse than listening to the try outs for American Idol...
I'm torn... I'd like a another bass, and a fretless would be cool... My eyes are saying
no, while my wallet is saying yes, but then my eyes say NO-PLEASE-NO again.
It'd help to play one first...
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by aguacateojos
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xzqrejD3Z4o&feature=related

Come on now, that one looks pretty cool.

Oh my goodness, I've played that bass. The studio where I take lessons actually bought one on a lark. I never knew that was a wish bass :0.

And for the record, it sounds horrible. I've heard washtub basses with better sound and its a bear to get your arms around, esp. if you are a small person.
Quote by skater dan0
to abovethebridge: What's the point of ending every post with "- AboveTheBridge (ATB)", if we wanted to know who you are then we can look to the left of your post

It makes me feel important

But if it's bugging anyone I'll cut it out

Written by the keyboard of AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

touché

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
No more WishBass. Sounds good to me. They're ugly and they sound worse than they look.
Do they sound good? Did they ever make any five strings?

--Arojekt.
R.I.P. Andrew Thomas Butler - 11/07/07. You're in our hearts forever, man.

Setup:
Traben Phoenix 5-String Bass.
Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX 4-String Bass: Blue (For Sale. Contact me if you're interested.)
Dingwall Afterburner II 5-String Bass.
Yeah, they did. They're custom, so you can get as many as you want. However, they did make "production" 5-strings.

And 4-strings on a super-wide 5-string neck.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
http://wishbass.com/prices.html

The standard is 4 strings, but they can add strings for you for $100 a string.

Quote by wishbass
Adjustable Truss Rod.......................................$ 50.00

-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
No flames, just facts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140197902917
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130198531624
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130197900113
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130185195834

And here are some feedbacks:
"WOW! The best sounding bass I've ever played! Steve, you're amazing (^_^)Thanks!"
"What can I say? This is my 5th wishbass, great ebayer, cool dude, no problems!!!"
"This is the best sounding bass I have ever played."
"Exellent Bass !! Thanks !! If your reading this....... You "WISH" you had one !!"
"Beautiful Wishbass. My 5th and favorite one so far. Will there be more????"
and, finally,
"31" scale, side dots not accurate, still very cool and worth the $, cool wood."

What is going on!? What are we missing?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by smb
It's the detail and accuracy on these things that gets me:

Beautiful.

Oh, come on now. You're just being too picky. Stuff like... intonation and... string spacing aren't all that important.

Man, if Wishnevsky ever made a T-Bird copy, it would, without a doubt, have absolutely EVERYTHING wrong with it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by smb
It's the detail and accuracy on these things that gets me:

Beautiful.

This makes a Thunderbird look well made. Somebody's(sp?) got some 'splainin to do.
Quote by thefitz
Oh, come on now. You're just being too picky. Stuff like... intonation and... string spacing aren't all that important.

Man, if Wishnevsky ever made a T-Bird copy, it would, without a doubt, have absolutely EVERYTHING wrong with it.

Fitzy you are an odd guy, the special skill you possess of linking everything, EVERYTHING, to the poor quality of a Thunderbird, I must say, is pretty impressive .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Well to be fair there's much better fretboard access than your average T-bird

Still, you run the risk of splinters from the unfinished wood.
Quote by terb

what are those dimples!!!!? did someone forget how many strings the bass was going to have?

I think you figured it out. I think he had a 7-string someone balked on and retrofitted it to a 5-string.
Quote by indie-bassist
Fitzy you are an odd guy, the special skill you possess of linking everything, EVERYTHING, to the poor quality of a Thunderbird, I must say, is pretty impressive .

It's a sport, man.
Quote by smb

Hey man, there's absolutely no fret access on that bass. It's fretless.
EDIT: Look how sloppy that scoop is cut from under the bridge. Man, this dude must spend an hour making a bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by smb

Lol, is it just me or did he install the pickup upside-down?

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Lol, is it just me or did he install the pickup upside-down?

Man, I'm having a bad day.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Page 1 of 2