So I'll start from the beginning. Two or three years ago i bought this really cheap bass and amp for 150 bucks off ebay.
I spent a good year and a half with ti before i got my jazz bass.

Man did this bass suck. It's a Johnson bass, and everything about it was....bad.
My band made a joke about it. You guys know that shampoo company Johnson's right? Well, we started calling it the shampoo bass as if Johnson's shampoo company made it...lol anyways...i got my jazz bass and never touched this piece of crap again...

a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine offered to take it over to a guy who can fix it up, and i didn't think it would help much but i gave it a chance.

Well, i just got the bass back 3 days ago and it's pretty awesome. The action is nice and low (enough to suit my iron maiden needs) the fretboard is straight again ...everythings shined down and looks nice. So our band joke has now escalated and gave the shampoo bass a new nice name..it is now called the conditioner lol...ok funny to me but maybe not you.....

ANYWAYS...heres the cheap 100 dollar bass that's actually more than halfway decent.
Sorry I don't have any pics of it before it was fixed up

Introducing the conditioner!

It's an Ernie ball sticker.....i ..don't know...why i put that there...

I might put an extra pickup next to the bridge to make it a P/J bass

Johnson's shampoo company(we sell basses now)

I'm waving to you from the reflection

You can tell that this is pretty much a P-bass under a different name......I'm still debating on whether to add that pickup next to the bridge

comments suggestions or questions are welcome!
rofl my first bass was the same way
the funniest part of it is
it looks just the same as my 1st and mine has that ernie ball sticker...
Erm... Nice story?

What are the pickups?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by metal_bassist_1
rofl my first bass was the same way
the funniest part of it is
it looks just the same as my 1st and mine has that ernie ball sticker...

whow thats weird!!!

oh they are emg pickups btw
Is that a cameraphone in the reflection? Jesus, your phone takes nice pictures.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Is that a cameraphone in the reflection? Jesus, your phone takes nice pictures.
True, those are some freaking nice pictures for a camera phone.

Nice story, that's actually a pretty nice looking bass. It'd be cool if you can pick up a pearloid pickguard cheap and install it (Everything looks better with pearloid )

On your pickups issue, (IMO) it'd be better if you can save up the money that you would spend on EMG pups and invest it later into a good amp (More important) or good bass. Although, you seem young which means you might be having your parents by you the pups. If you can't "save up" because of this then get something that will help you in the long run, like a good pedal (Just an opinion here).

EDIT: From the keyboard of AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

hmm..well i already have a good amp..well one that's suitable for me for now...but i see what you mean..i work so i can save up the money to do both..i don't know thanks for the suggestions anyways
Nice bass.It looks way better than my first bass.

Also,I see you like to fish.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
nice looking bass. this should really point out the fact that a good set-up, even on a cheap bass, is very important. you should get the guy to do your Jazz.
a good set up makes wonders to most basses
i ending liking more the VM squier than the fender MIM
the MIA were nicer than my VM but they dont worth the 4x price
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400