well im planing on getting a fender hot rod deluxe/deville for my low/no gain amp in addition to that i am going to need a medium/high gain amp

i want an amp that will work to provide me with the following sounds
avenge sevenfold (city of evil) , atreyu (new album), metallica, iron maiden, van halen, disturbed, 3 days grace, flyleaf, theory of a dead man and more

what should i get? (probably will buy it used)
price? idk yet deff under $1000 so lets go with that for now
Definitely look into ENGL and Mesa/Boogie.

EDIT: Oh, wait, didn't see your price range... sorry.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
you can get used for that..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
^^ +1 or a used 5150
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
How many people recommending the 5150 have actually played it? I'm not bashing the amp, seeing as I've played one and like it, and yes I would recommend it for your situation.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
hmm...i will deff try out some 6505s just so i know if i want a 5150, what do you guys think about xxx?
Im selling my xxx for a good price if ur interested. And yeah it can cover the bands you listed considering i play about the same stuff.
used marshall jcm 800?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Why dont you just not buy an HRD and get a used Mesa Roadster or F-30... You have cleans and gains... that way you have more cash. Looking for a higher-cost amp that is more versatille will probably be a much more viable, and better sounding option
Quote by AM666
used carvin v3

If he got that he wouldn't even need the Fender. Seriously the cleans on that thing are amazing.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.