Seller says it's American, but the headstock has no Made in USA stamp. SN# Z0050356.

Someone must know if this is a Legit MIA Start or a fake. Look forward to your wisdom!
i think the seller is trying to screw you over here are you buying guitar center?or some offhand store?
google my friend - but I'm the helpful type

"Z"-prefix serial numbers denoting the new millennium appeared on U.S.-made instruments in 2000. Z0 denotes 2000; Z1 denotes 2001, etc. American Deluxe Series instruments use the same dating convention, but with the addition of a "D" in front of the "Z", i.e., DZ1, DZ2, etc. As always, there is typically some number prefix overlap and carryover from year to year.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
The guy seems legit, and he lives close by actually, so if I find out he screwed me, I know where he lives.
Kryptnet.thanks, but was the lack of "Made In USA" on the headstock common in 2000? The serial numbers appear to be legit.
Thanks for the info on dating but I'm still stumped as to why it doesn't say Made in USA anywhere on the headstock. It has a Corona California neckplate though. Is this common for a headstock not to have the country of origin?
It might just be worn off the headstock, there's a small chance that it happened. Do American made Fenders usually say if they're MIA like the MIMs do?
+1 on LA Addict^
The only way I know how to tell on an American Standard vs. a Standard (MIM) is that print format on headstock. Am Std is curved with headstock and the MIM Standard

Mine is MZ5175143 and it does say made in mex under Stratocaster type

Based on what KryptNet said would the ss he is showing say it is a 1955? i am def not a serial number expert on these

Corona is obviously US but you're right, a neckplate can be changed easily. Do you have any pics?
I wish fender dot com had a section for old branding or archives or something to make it easier to confirm.