OK so when I record, my set up is guitar to computer pretty much with a few things in between. POint: no micing amp or anything. The sound is completeley 100% what I am playing;a clean signal. When I finish recording, I will add distortion with a VST plug in and it sounds ok... But since it is such a clean signal it picks up EVERYTHING. The string movements and all the annoying unwanted stuff. And after listening to alot of famous bands like AFI, Sum41, Puddle of Mudd, even FOB( I hate them), they all have the simplest sound. there is not sound transitioning from chord to chord etc. Its just a perfectly distorted progression. Same thing goes for the bass. Do they edit the things out, or is it micing an amp that makes the difference? Thanks

noob question I know, but we've all been there, right?
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
Quote by albino strat!
check out this stuff called Finger-ease...reduces string talk and keeps em clean and slippery

It's sitting here in front of my face.. I'll try it out I guess. I thought it was the recording though.
Quote by Muphin

Hahaha
Cut out the sound between licks in your editing program. You can also use a noise gate to roll off any noises below a certain level.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Or, not trying to be a dick or anything, it could just be your sloppy playing?
There is poetry in despair.
Use less distortion.

And also, if you listen carefully to professional records, you can still here the noise of strings scrathing .etc. You just don't notice.

Soundclips?
Quote by fridge_raider
Or, not trying to be a dick or anything, it could just be your sloppy playing?

hahah no.
Quote by Muphin

Hahaha