Well I have.
Front row.
Less than 10 feet from the dude.
It was epic.

I guess i'm bragging a little, but it was an amazing experience.

Anyone else seen him live?

Love the Low end
did he smell of spunk due to all the wankery?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
i'm going to see him at the House of Blues in Chicago on April 10th. i'm excited!
i has victor wooten, i keep him in a box under my bed
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
He's playing Toronto in early April.

That is all.

But wait... "So who has Victor Wooten live?" I don't have him at all - and if I did, I'm not some kinda creepy torturous kidnapper. He'd be dead at least.

EDIT: I can't believe I made the same joke as Dan like 30 minutes later.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I was about the same distance when the Flecktones played at our JazzFest last year. Don't see me bragging to everyone.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
I was about the same distance when the Flecktones played at our JazzFest last year. Don't see me bragging to everyone.

Yeah, I mean really. Lars dumped a cup of sprite on my head and threw me a towel. Matt Sorum personally handed me a drumstick on-stage. You don't see me bragging, either (except now).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I has no Victor, but thanks to Delirium's nice mother's day present, I has Eddie Vedder.

Ok..all kidding aside, I've seen him with Bela Fleck back when he was a bit more subdued and rather brilliant. But ask the regulars in Bass chat, I've been around the block so many times I've seen everyone...
Yeah, uhm anyway.
It wasn't just him.
Had his brother on guitar and another one on keys. Then a crazy drummer and another bass player and this girl singer.
It was an extremely musical night. There was a good bit of technical stuff but it all flowed with the music so well. It was a great act.
and he's a really chill dude.

Love the Low end
Saw him play with the Flecktones when they came out to play at music festival in Australia a year ago. I'd never heard of him before then... a very pleasant surprise. (The saxophonist is damn good, too.)
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, I mean really. Lars dumped a cup of sprite on my head and threw me a towel. Matt Sorum personally handed me a drumstick on-stage. You don't see me bragging, either (except now).

your jsut like the coolest guy ever arent you fitzy
like for realz

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
your jsut like the coolest guy ever arent you fitzy
like for realz

Straight to my head, straight to my head...

But yeah, I've been fortunate enough to have some great stories from concerts and it's always really cool to be next to your idols.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by The National D
Saw him play with the Flecktones when they came out to play at music festival in Australia a year ago. I'd never heard of him before then... a very pleasant surprise. (The saxophonist is damn good, too.)

I saw them a few years back. Didn't the sax player play two at a time or something? I can't remember but he was pretty wild.
^Yeah, he did that at the concert I went to a few years ago at a college near me. Earlier in the day Wooten did a free bass clinic at the college that I went to, it was pretty cool and there was around seven people in there so I got some one on one time with him.

I don't see why everyone thinks he is just a wanker. I'll admit that he does use his thumb technique to show off, but in most of his songs he doesn't do it and if he does it's flawless and flows with the song. I guess it's because people form their judgment off of a few youtube videos.
I'm not sure what to think of Victor Wooten. Part of me says that he's just wanking all day long, which he does often (almost every song he somehow finds a way to go insane and ruin it). On the other hand, he plays some infectious grooves. I can't really make up my mind.