I'm trying to decide what color to paint my first build. Its going to be strat-ish with a maple fretboard, chrome hardware and cream soapbars (the parts I have available.)

Any thoughts?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
oh, yeah, no pickguard either.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
purple is metal as ****.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
do you have a pic of the body wood? at least what kind is it...
trans amber, or honey blonde( i have the latter) look great on ash with a maple board. if you have figured wood or veneer, go trans amber or some transparent warm color.
for a solid finish, I love shoreline gold or honey blonde. of course sunburst is pretty overdone with strats, you may want a unique paintjob such as pinstripes or like clapton's 1st crossroads guitar. (lookup on youtube, its really nice.)

of course solid finishes will be a lot easier, since it is your first build, but maybe you can get a junk guitar or something and practice painting.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered

a natural finish might look good.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I don't know what kind of wood I'm using yet, but that natural finish has me thinking about ash.

That baby blue is nice too.
Quote by Spoony_Bard

MY BUILD!
ash is heavy btw, but I like my strat, its ash with a honey blonde finish and maple board with gold hardware and tortoiseshell pickguard. I'd say go with natural finish, but get the tortoiseshell guard, youll like it. and think about gold hardware if yoou haven't bought it yet.

and I love the daphne blue, it looks almost white in person.

I would also say add a vintage noiseless or gold lace strat pup as the middle or preferably neck position, giving you HSH or SHH configuration. you'll thank me.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Last edited by rhakiath at Mar 30, 2008,