i have a Dean Baby V and im looking to get new pickups and a new neck...
i play mostly metal styles but i do often venture off into many, much, softer styles...
for pickups i am looking into active pickups, and i am dazed by the models... they all get 5 star reviews everywhere i look, and i dont have the money for trail and error...
for the neck, i just need a place to buy... i know that i want a maple neck with an ebony fingerboard, preferably 24 frets, and an ibanez style headstock... i just cant find a place to get it...

Tinkerbell
If you EVER want to play anything that isn't high- gain, you're better off with high- output passives than actives.

What's your price range, and what amp are you playing through?
well i really dont care about price at the moment... i have a part time job and im upgrading over the course of the summer... and im currently playing through a peavey bandit 112 100 watt amp, but i'm looking at getting a cab as well... i have another guitar that i can play other styles on though... so i could just make this my metal guitar...
To be honest, I think you're better off getting a new guitar. You can add a new neck and pickups, but it should be a good bit cheaper to just get a better guitar. Do you know what wood the body's made of? If it's something decent, swapping the neck and pickups might be worthwhile. If not, you're just polishing a turd.

Either way, I'd personally get a new amp first.
i just know that its a really light body... i know that im to anal to buy a pre-made guitar, and it would take forever to get the money for a custom, not to mention waiting to get it... what do you recommend for a half stack??