I cant really get the exact sound I want out of my Gibson faded V. The pickups are hot and all but it just doesnt have that edge for really heavy metal. The sustaine is great and feel is good, but it can be uncomfortable and I still like my warlock in comfort over the V. The warlock is more comfortable. I was wondering, would a BC Rich V be any better since i really like BC Rich guitars?
Quote by ravenrage07
I cant really get the exact sound I want out of my Gibson faded V. The pickups are hot and all but it just doesnt have that edge for really heavy metal. The sustaine is great and feel is good, but it can be uncomfortable and I still like my warlock in comfort over the V. The warlock is more comfortable. I was wondering, would a BC Rich V be any better since i really like BC Rich guitars?

Chances are if you're uncomfortable with a V, buying another won't help just because it is another brand. If anything, the Gibson would be more comfortable than the BC Rich.
Be cool.
^+1. You could always change the pups for something even hotter (Dimarzio X2n), TS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You don't like the feel or the tone? If it's the tone, you could change the pickups, amp, effects, etc. If it's the feel then, a V is a V...that won't change with brands, as thedude051 said
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Comfort cant be helped. As far as tone goes, what kind of amp are you runnning it through?

-edit-

Haha, guess I could read the equipment listings people provide. Oh well.
DRM, it's killing music.
Last edited by Broelke4 at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by Broelke4
Comfort cant be helped. As far as tone goes, what kind of amp are you runnning it through?

I'd be guessing a Peavey Bandit 112.

TS, identify what you don't like about the Gibson and see if the BC Rich would help it.
If you don't like the stock pickups, the Dimarzio Evolution pickups burn. The Seymour Duncan Dimebucker has a load of treble, so it would cut through at almost any tuning. My Dean V is in Drop A Sharp right now, and it still maintains a lot of clarity.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2