Hi,

My friend gave me
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Monster-Cable-P500-Speaker-Cable-14?sku=331673

I already have a monster sound guitar cable to connect my guitar into my amp. I recently got a pedal. I want to connect my guitar into the pedal using my personal guitar cable. Can I use the cable shown above to connect my pedal into my amp?

Thanks.
My Gear:

Gibson Firebird VII Vintage Sunburst Gold Hardware
Laney LC-30II 30W tube
Fender American Stratocaster
no no no no no
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
god no. itll play for a bit and then it will just go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! feedback having an orgasm is one way to describe it
Quote by Lamrick21
god no. itll play for a bit and then it will just go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! feedback having an orgasm is one way to describe it

I think I'm gonna go buy one of those cables just to hear that ha...seriously
I have too much gear to fit!
you can. but unlike a regular guitar cable it isn't shielded so it'll be kinda noisy.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Ralph Napier
can you use a guitar cable as a speaker cable?

NOO

guitar cable wires are much thinner than a speaker wire, so they can't put all that power through such a tiny wire. long explanation short, it'll fry your amps power section.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Ralph Napier
yes - I do it all the time
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Its actually a big "No No" to use a guitar cable for a speaker one. It just doesn't have the sheilding of more importantly the capacity to handle that much power. I suppose you could use a speaker cable for a guitar one, but at the price it's surely better advice to get a proper replacement.

-Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by greenwgreg
Its actually a big "No No" to use a guitar cable for a speaker one. It just doesn't have the sheilding of more importantly the capacity to handle that much power. I suppose you could use a speaker cable for a guitar one, but at the price it's surely better advice to get a proper replacement.

-Greg

actually speaker cables are unshielded
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Ralph Napier

Yes and no. On low watt solid states you can get away with it due to them needing to handle a lot lighter load. It is not a good idea on tube amps, as while it may also be able to handle the load at lower volumes, crank it and the cable will fail and it will fry your output transformer.
i almost bought two monster SPEAKER cables on Friday online and then i noticed Monster GUITAR cables and i was like wtf. Guitar cables are better for guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
i almost bought two monster SPEAKER cables on Friday online and then i noticed Monster GUITAR cables and i was like wtf. Guitar cables are better for guitar.

makes sense haha
kool98769 - I stand corrected.

Thanks,

Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1