I'm not sure how many of you ugers use creative soundcards, but i recently bought an external USB Audigy 2nx for my laptop, only to receive it and find out not only did i have to pay for and download a program to make it accesible in Vista, but the driver still doesnt work so i have no control over eax or any other features i should have. I went onto the Creative Labs forum and found that not only had creative failed to provide any kind of reliable drivers or support for vista, but they have prevented an independant programmer from doing so to help everyone else out! Now i don't know a whole lot about business but this is utterly ridiculous, Vista is a widespread system, and Creative have released a whole line of soundcards that arent compatible with it. If your at all interested go onto the Creative websites forum and have a look at the backlash they are getting. I would also encourage you never to buy a Creative product again purely because of the total contempt they treat their customers with.
Originally posted by Steve
never heard of a hickey, im guessing its an american thing?

The greatest trick of the devil is to make us believe he doesn't exist
I think this is a Vista problem, because like a trillion products aren't compatible with it. I had to get a new printer ffs.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
no see thats the thing, this programmer that was creating new drivers had shown that the soundcards could work on vista, but Creative had failed to release anything. they then forced him to remove any links he had to his drivers because they claimed it was theft of their IP. heres a link

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/29/creative-driver-debacle

"The driver packages on offer for various Creative products are so poor, that a lone hero by the name of 'Daniel_K' has produced a variety of altered drivers and packages that allow users to utilise their cards successfully on Vista, without a sub-standard feature set and continuous crashing.

Finally, after allowing Daniel_K to offer this service to Creative customers for a lenghty period - something Creative should have been doing from the start - a Creative spokes person demanded the user removed all links to his packages and stopped posting any more. You can read the forum announcement here. "
Originally posted by Steve
never heard of a hickey, im guessing its an american thing?

The greatest trick of the devil is to make us believe he doesn't exist
This was on slashdot the other day.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by one two many
no see thats the thing, this programmer that was creating new drivers had shown that the soundcards could work on vista, but Creative had failed to release anything. they then forced him to remove any links he had to his drivers because they claimed it was theft of their IP. heres a link

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/29/creative-driver-debacle

"The driver packages on offer for various Creative products are so poor, that a lone hero by the name of 'Daniel_K' has produced a variety of altered drivers and packages that allow users to utilise their cards successfully on Vista, without a sub-standard feature set and continuous crashing.

Finally, after allowing Daniel_K to offer this service to Creative customers for a lenghty period - something Creative should have been doing from the start - a Creative spokes person demanded the user removed all links to his packages and stopped posting any more. You can read the forum announcement here. "
Damn...and I have a Creative 0404...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana