Hey Pit,

For one of my marketing classes, I am doing an Industry Analysis of the Electric Guitar Industry. The last section of the paper is about predictions for the future of the industry, and also what a business could do to gain a competitive advantage in this industry.

So I was just wondering what you all thought about where you see electric guitars going to in the future. You know, like Line 6 Variax stuff.

Laments terms: Electric guitars...future...go.

Cheers
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
i'd have to say self tuning guitars like the gibson robot will be very common and affordable
guitars will be more and more expensive as quality wood grows rarer and rarer...i dunno that might be wrong
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Instruments become more and more digital.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I doubt the actual guitars will really change except the prices. Super-futuristic guitars like Steinbergers, Variax, and the "Robot" LP will still be niche products. People will still be playing Fenders, Gibsons, or clones thereof. I think most of the change will come on the amplification side. I think we'll continued improvement in modeling technology, and better hybrid technology like the Bogner/Line 6 Spider Valve will be more popular.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Yeah, that is correct, in fact in my research, Greenpeace is pushing forward to try and stop the use of wood in guitar building. I can't see this happening, can carbon-fiber really produce the same tone quality as quality wood?
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
I think that we will see many more affordable guitar companies start to hit it big like agile and jay turser