I noticed earlier there is a Wide Variety of Pinch Harmonic Tones. theres Zakks really fat sounding pinchs, then DragonForces (specifically Sams) Pinchs which sound completely different. Is there a special technique to get both these sounds or is it just how the guitarists EQ the amp/Pickups?
ew dragonforce
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
ew dragonforce

That's a fantastic post.

TS: Some of it lies in the technique as well as the equipment, I assume. Also, because Dragonforce employs so many effects, they'd probably use a whammy pedal or some other pedal while playing the harmonic. Using the whammy bar can also create interesting sounds with pinch harmonics.
Quote by Tubyboulin
I noticed earlier there is a Wide Variety of Pinch Harmonic Tones. theres Zakks really fat sounding pinchs, then DragonForces (specifically Sams) Pinchs which sound completely different. Is there a special technique to get both these sounds or is it just how the guitarists EQ the amp/Pickups?

It can depend on where they are playing the pinch. If they use the same note played by using a different harmonic of a different stopped note, the tone will change.
the sound of harmonics can vary cause of the string gauges, position where you pinch if we consider pinched harmonics, effects you use, amps,guitars,pick,...
Alright thanks. i was just wondering why DragonForce sounded more like they Cut out a lot of treble, yet still got the Pinch then Zakks where Pretty Thick sounding.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Alright thanks. i was just wondering why DragonForce sounded more like they Cut out a lot of treble, yet still got the Pinch then Zakks where Pretty Thick sounding.

At what point have DF ever turned the treble down? Their tone is basically made of it...

TS: Everything about your setup and playing can affect the sound of you pinch harmonics but Zakks probably sound especially thick because he has a tonne of mids in his tone and his string are basically small telegraph wires.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i thought it was the higher up the string or the lower down the more tone you get out of a p.h

No; if you move around on the string you can change the note that sounds but certain setups get better tones like thicker strings, different EQ, stronger vibrato and all that kind of stuff.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.