Page 1 of 2
Hate me?

Actually what im trying to say is that there is this BC rich bronze bass on sale at this pawn shop an dim going to buy it.

Yay or nay? I checked its specs online an dit seems nice. its worth around 230.00$

Besides the fact you hate bass players give me a better reason not to swipe this sweet deal.
I don't like those B.C. Rich basses.

Yes, I play bass. I have for four years.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I'd say nay, unless you like looking like a tool. I think it is a ****ty looking bass. Look for an Epi Thunderbird. They sound great and look way better.
That's how much they generally go for. I wouldn't advise it. Bronze series is really crappy.
Quote by PCbassist
I'd say nay, unless you like looking like a tool. I think it is a ****ty looking bass. Look for an Epi Thunderbird. They sound great and look way better.

Epi thunderbirds... nay, thunderbirds in general, have shoddy design and sh*t tone.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
uhh its 90.

Oh....

If so go ahead. You're not losing much if it turns out to be bad. Get a bass amp though. Playing bass through a guitar amp will rape it.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Epi thunderbirds... nay, thunderbirds in general, have shoddy design and sh*t tone.

What he said.
Don't even look at it again. I swear to god those things are the devil.
So it goes.
i its your first bass, id just get a squier p bass or sumin, i share one with the other guitaris in my band, and it gets a fairly decent tone
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Oh....

If so go ahead. You're not losing much if it turns out to be bad. Get a bass amp though. Playing bass through a guitar amp will rape it.

What he said.

the guitar or the amp? I mean I know i should get a bass amp but its like -_-- bass amps don't exactly rain from the sky. if they did THEN ****! RUN FOR COVER Im also waiting for my RG270 to get out of repair..kinda ****ed my tremolo system
Post in the bass forum - you'll only get stupid responses in the pit.

Low-end BC Rich stuff is junk.

Whoever suggested the Epi T-bird is wrong. Very, very wrong.
Are Jackson basses any good?
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
the guitar or the amp? I mean I know i should get a bass amp but its like -_-- bass amps don't exactly rain from the sky. if they did THEN ****! RUN FOR COVER Im also waiting for my RG270 to get out of repair..kinda ****ed my tremolo system

It'll ruin your guitar amp I mean, not the bass.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Hate me?

Actually what im trying to say is that there is this BC rich bronze bass on sale at this pawn shop an dim going to buy it.

Yay or nay? I checked its specs online an dit seems nice. its worth around 230.00$

Besides the fact you hate bass players give me a better reason not to swipe this sweet deal.

On purpose?
Feed your mind.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

yea, the speakers in bass amps are bigger and fit to handle the sound waves and vibrations
the guitar amp speakers can't handle it as well, unless its at really low volumes. bass amps also give better tone for the bass
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Dude idk for that price I would search for a MIM fender bass, idk but about bass guitar but if they're built like 6 string MIM fender guitars then they're quite a good deal.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I read some replies.... : ( I mean I can get a small bass amp for 50 I just had to replaced my guitar amp the other day with this......fender front man.... it was 50$ eff off. I mena it was when i got the amp i saw the bass but ims till thinking about it.
Look at some ESPs... they're really nice built IMO even the cheapest ESP is at least acceptable
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I guess it depends on the style of music and the bass amp. I have an ampeg, I play metal and rock with that bass with a pick, and I can afford to change the strings often, so mine sounds amazing.
I love my Platinum Warlock, the bronze series aren't that great, but I got mine for $150 with one of those coffin cases thrown in.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
BC richs break easily, dont have great sound quality, and are overall pieces of **** so definately nay.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
* Warlock-style agathis body
* EB-7 B.C. Rich adjustable bridge
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 24 frets
* Chrome hardware
* B.C. Rich die-cast machine heads
* Bolt-on maple neck
* 34" scale
* B.C. Rich split-coil pickup
* Graphite nut
* 1 volume and 1 tone control
Those things suck. I'd just get something else if I was you.

Quote by WillPlayForFood
so what im hearing is bc rich=crap?

I think that's only for the Bronze. I've never played any higher end, but I've heard that they're not bad.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Last edited by shut_up_n00b at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by shut_up_n00b
* Warlock-style agathis body
* EB-7 B.C. Rich adjustable bridge
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 24 frets
* Chrome hardware
* B.C. Rich die-cast machine heads
* Bolt-on maple neck
* 34" scale
* B.C. Rich split-coil pickup
* Graphite nut
* 1 volume and 1 tone control
Those things suck. I'd just get something else if I was you.

Agathis isn't a bad tonewood at all, actually. It pretty much has a "flat EQ" as opposed to accentuating bass, mids or trebles, which I think let's you have more control over your tone (as most of your tone comes from the amp anyway). Also, agathis is cheap because it's plentiful.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Agathis isn't a bad tonewood at all, actually. It pretty much has a "flat EQ" as opposed to accentuating bass, mids or trebles, which I think let's you have more control over your tone (as most of your tone comes from the amp anyway). Also, agathis is cheap because it's plentiful.

Really? I've always found agathis to be pretty stale. I'm guessing it might be because of the pickups though, since I've only seen it used in low end guitars and basses.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Really? I've always found agathis to be pretty stale. I'm guessing it might be because of the pickups though, since I've only seen it used in low end guitars and basses.

Put it this way... when I bought my agathis bodied bass, I could've bought something at least double the price I paid for it, and it hasn't let me down tonally ever.
this is kind of off topic but is it ok if you use a bass amp as your main amp if you play your standard six string guitar on it?
yeah, but unless you play death metal or something similar you probably wont like sound.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
you'd be surprised how many guitarists use bass cabinets.

cabs are one thing, amps are different.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, but unless you play death metal or something similar you probably wont like sound.

cabs are one thing, amps are different.

No, the main difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp is the cabinet. Sure, the EQing may be slightly different, but every amp model has a different set up anyway.

Bass amps give a great blues tone.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, the main difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp is the cabinet. Sure, the EQing may be slightly different, but every amp model has a different set up anyway.

Bass amps give a great blues tone.

From my experience most bass amps are a little too deep sounding, and the good ones are usually overpowered (although since a lot of them are SS it doesn't matter all that much)

Last.fm
The reason why I use a bass amp is because I like the tone on it better than my other amp, mainly cuz I like the fact that it has more bass in it for my liking. Imo it matches the grunge tone I like
Page 1 of 2