0 calories? 0 grams of sugar? What? There's got to be some sort of trap that'll make you fat with these drinks but I don't know what it is?

Anyone know?
People think they're making their diet much healthier, when they're really not changing a whole lot. Because of this, they think they can compensate and add more calories. That's why it can be bad. I drink 8 cans a day regardless.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by 20cdndollars
Everyone hates on Diet cola, but I love it.

Weird.

I hate diet because it tastes worse than a girl with an infection.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
I hate diet because it tastes worse than a girl with an infection.

I like it better than sugary pop.
You'll just get Cancer, but whatever, It's not yet proven.

*sips diet soda*
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Some people seem to think that the artificial sweetener causes cancer, but it's never been proven. It kinda screws up your metabolism because your body tastes sugar but doesn't actually get it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
It's ****ing soda, it's bad for you

no calories=/= healthy
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I don't drink diet sodas.

Eating sugary foods that don't have caloric content cause your body to consume more calories overall. Sugar is linked with high calorie foods, so in essence, you're destroying that sugar = bad mental connection.

^This is scientifically proven, I had to research this.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Thornography
0 calories? 0 grams of sugar? What? There's got to be some sort of trap that'll make you fat with these drinks but I don't know what it is?

Anyone know?
There is. The sodium (there's tons of that) makes you hungry, and you eat more.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I dunno.
But Diet Mountain Dew and Pepsi are alright, but every other diet pop is pretty bad.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by skaguitarist53
aspartame. causes people to go mentally insane.

Among other things, including cancer and blindness.

It was invented by accident while trying to invent a new rat poison believe it or not. It was found to taste sweet so the idea was sold to soda companies trying to make a calorie-less drink. It really isn't fattening but still can't touch water.

Aspartame/artificial sugar (as it's preferred to be called) is in coffee too though (sweet and low and other "sugar" packets).

EDIT: (To two posts up) Lots of sodium? I guess so, but barely. A can of coke has like 30 mgs of sodium, practically every soda says "low sodium" above the nutrition facts; yet if you look at a can of beans it literally has some crazy ass number, like I wanna say it breaks 300 easy.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Mar 30, 2008,
I used to work at a food place. And people would order like double bacon cheese hamburgers and fries then order a diet coke. I mean, what the hell? If you're gonna eat that bad, why not just go all the way and not wash it all down with piss flavored drink.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by musiclover2399
Among other things, including cancer and blindness.

It was invented by accident while trying to invent a new rat poison believe it or not. It was found to taste sweet so the idea was sold to soda companies trying to make a calorie-less drink. It really isn't fattening but still can't touch water.

Aspartame/artificial sugar (as it's preferred to be called) is in coffee too though (sweet and low and other "sugar" packets).

Water is ****ing awesome

but I drink tooo much probably, or at least I used to

I had a Hawaiian punch jug that I would feel with water and refill it about 3 times in a night, so probably 8 times a day
Quote by TDKshorty
Water is ****ing awesome

but I drink tooo much probably, or at least I used to

I had a Hawaiian punch jug that I would feel with water and refill it about 3 times in a night, so probably 8 times a day

Sweet jesus... would you fill it from the sink?
Artificial sweetener ****s with your brain. You think you're getting something that you aren't. Your body thinks its about to get a ton of sugar, then it doesn't.

Caffeine free soda, for example, gives me an instantaneous headache.

My brain's like, "alright! let's speed up!" then it's like "Ah, no fuel! CRASH AND BURN!"

(btw, I'm so addicted to soda that some days i'd rather take a Coke than a blowjob)
Quote by Dimebag22
I used to work at a food place. And people would order like double bacon cheese hamburgers and fries then order a diet coke. I mean, what the hell? If you're gonna eat that bad, why not just go all the way and not wash it all down with piss flavored drink.

it's just because some stupid people prefer the taste.

I can't drink diet pops. they taste horrendous.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by musiclover2399
Sweet jesus... would you fill it from the sink?

yeah, it took forever

but I had the jug like 3/4 full sitting on my floor after a workout one night and I haven't seen it since

I looked in the trashcan, under my bed, my closet, everywhere! it's too big to fit in the diswasher
Quote by TDKshorty
yeah, it took forever

but I had the jug like 3/4 full sitting on my floor after a workout one night and I haven't seen it since

I looked in the trashcan, under my bed, my closet, everywhere! it's too big to fit in the diswasher

Ha, that's actually kind of creepy.
Quote by TDKshorty
yeah, it took forever

I hate losing things like that. Why is it so frustrating?!
Personally, I notice a direct correlation between the amount of soda I drink and the frequency/vulnerability of me getting stomach aches. I used to get really bad stomach aches almost every other day and then I cut down on drinking sodas (Coca-colas, specifically), and I rarely get get stomach aches now. I didn't purposely stop drinking soda, but my mom bought lemon tea/ice tea/juice for a period of time and I noticed that my stomach stopped being a bitch. Whenever I do go on another soda binge, my stomach starts acting up again.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by musiclover2399
EDIT: (To two posts up) Lots of sodium? I guess so, but barely. A can of coke has like 30 mgs of sodium, practically every soda says "low sodium" above the nutrition facts; yet if you look at a can of beans it literally has some crazy ass number, like I wanna say it breaks 300 easy.

1 - the 30 mG is for 8 ounces (0.25 litre).

2 - diet soda drinkers usually drink 16 oz (0.5 litre) at a time. That would be 60 mG.

3 - Many diet soda drinkers slam down 5 or more 1/2 liter bottles a day.

4 - Total, that would be 300. Equal to your can of beans example.

5 - A can of beans has protein, too. Not so, for the diet coke.

Bottom line. The shit is heinous. People tend to consume mass quantities, without even thinking about it. It all adds up to much more than a single "serving".

And we haven't even mentioned the damned caffeine.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
^I think anyone who drinks more than one can (so just the 30) is asking to get sick. My rule of thumb for my entire pop drinking life has been one can a day max. Sad...
I cant remember the name of the stuff but it binds your fat cells together and makes them twice as hard to lose, and aspartame. Aspartame lets all hell loose on your body. Scary stuff
Quote by Boone666
Do something off of The Bugs Bunny And Tweety show. Bugs bunny + metal = instant circle pit
Year Zero wrote: Metallica are releasing another album in 2009 as well, it will be called "Ride the Magnetic Rod" featuring Unforgiven IV.
Quote by Thornography

Anyone know?

It's the AIDS that gets ya.

I'm ashamed now...
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
If they say diet has no sugar or calories or whatever, and they claim it tastes just like regular, why don't they just get rid of regular and make diet the new regular? Then everyone would have to drink diet pop.
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Quote by Animorphy
If they say diet has no sugar or calories or whatever, and they claim it tastes just like regular, why don't they just get rid of regular and make diet the new regular? Then everyone would have to drink diet pop.

Because I would KILL you and eat you for lunch if you ever suggest that again.

"They say" does NOT make it true, dimwit. Diet does not taste like regular.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
i think theres artificial sweeteners in it. They taste like **** honestly.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Personally, I notice a direct correlation between the amount of soda I drink and the frequency/vulnerability of me getting stomach aches. I used to get really bad stomach aches almost every other day and then I cut down on drinking sodas (Coca-colas, specifically), and I rarely get get stomach aches now. I didn't purposely stop drinking soda, but my mom bought lemon tea/ice tea/juice for a period of time and I noticed that my stomach stopped being a bitch. Whenever I do go on another soda binge, my stomach starts acting up again.

you got ulcers or something?
Being Diabetic, I have to take the diet option if I want to drink pop. That's right, pop.

If I go for full sugar, I die.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Being Diabetic, I have to take the diet option if I want to drink pop. That's right, pop.

If I go for full sugar, I die.

I know someone like that. It sucks, but a diabetic's diet is the best out there. My grandpa used to be one, and his doctor told me that.
Quote by Avedas
I know someone like that. It sucks, but a diabetic's diet is the best out there. My grandpa used to be one, and his doctor told me that.

Yeah, I'm kinda grateful for it.

It made me eat healthily as a kid, avoiding all that sweet crap that kdis usually eat, so now I'm in fairly good shape!

Hooray for diseases!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.