i have my computer connected to roadrunner directly to a modem through a USB port, and we don't have a router. i tried connected the xbox to the ethernet port on the modem and to the ethernet port on the computer, i disabled windows firewall and manually allowed all the incoming ports or whatever for the xbox on my internet security program, and still, everytime i test the connection, it fails at the IP address. wtf. i seriously need help with this.
Without a router, im pretty sure you're not gonna be able to have your computer and xbox connected to the internet at the same time. Have you tried unplugging your computer from the internet modem and directly connecting your xbox to the ethernet port on the modem? Hope this helps some.
It's probably an error. Have fun with that.

But no, seriously, my friend had some problem like that and it was because he didn't an X-Box specific router or something stupid like that and he did something with his laptop and got through.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Just plug you xbox directly into the modem. Thats what i do and it works fine for me.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by rockadoodle
Without a router, im pretty sure you're not gonna be able to have your computer and xbox connected to the internet at the same time. Have you tried unplugging your computer from the internet modem and directly connecting your xbox to the ethernet port on the modem? Hope this helps some.

yeah, i did that, entered all my DSN and IP crap into the xbox, and i got on. today is a glorious day.