Whats this amp like?
Tell me everthing you know about it, im being offered one for £300, is ths a good deal? is this a tube amp? does it have nice sounds? whats the deal?

cheers
^Yeah it think its a hybrid. And i dont really believe that is a good deal, i've heard that ATV's arent that good
yeh thats wat im thinking, its reduced from like 500, but tbh i dont have enough to go for an amizng amp, so i might just get a vox valvetronix, its about the same, and its the best amonyou can get for that cash i rekon
i have it. its a hybrid. i love it. it has two overdrive channnels, an acoustic simulator, and clean channel. the acoustic simulator os pretty decent although i dont think any acoustic simulator will perfectly be able to replicate the sound, i use the simulator more than my actuall acoustic. it has 14 built in effects. i dont remember what kinds right at this moment but they are wonderful if you are using them and dont need to switch to different effects from song to song.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
used to have one, i didnt like the OD channels, but the cleans were pretty good. OD 2 is really muddy, almost like the speakers are being muffled. I ran it through a 1960 cab
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
It's not very good really. Get a nice tube combo. A guy on UG has a Marshall JCM 2000 for sale at £200. All it needs is new tubes. You'd be better with that if you wanted a real Marshall, but there are plenty of nice tube amps in your range, like the Peavey Valveking, Fender Blues Junior and Laney VC30.
... time for a tone purist to come and ruin the little party...

Hybrids are a pointless gimmick, one preamp tube isn't going to do much to digital sounding amp.
The clean channel sounds like garbage, and the OD is only sub-par.... what a waste fo cash

Buy the JCM800 like greggy says... Its going to be 1000x of times better
Quote by greggybhoy
It's not very good really. Get a nice tube combo. A guy on UG has a Marshall JCM 2000 for sale at £200. All it needs is new tubes. You'd be better with that if you wanted a real Marshall, but there are plenty of nice tube amps in your range, like the Peavey Valveking, Fender Blues Junior and Laney VC30.

Unlucky everyone. Ive bought this amp of him.
I don't own a AVT, but will buy one. They are very goodly good! Though, the cleans are a bit flat. Sounds better with a strat or effects pedal/EQ.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by Highwaytohell
... time for a tone purist to come and ruin the little party...

Hybrids are a pointless gimmick, one preamp tube isn't going to do much to digital sounding amp.
The clean channel sounds like garbage, and the OD is only sub-par.... what a waste fo cash

Buy the JCM800 like greggy says... Its going to be 1000x of times better

"Transistors are cheap, and everyone know that cheap = bad.
Transistors don't glow, and everyone know that glowing is advanced
Transistors are small, and something small can never sound good. A guitar amp must weigh 25kg and be 75cm wide to be good!
Transistors are simple, a guitar amp must cost $1300 and have expensive trafos and kondesators to be good!"

... Spot the irony?

Simply put: Even though transistors are cheap, don't glow, are small and simple: doesnt mean that they sound bad!

The points mentioned earlier are typical stereotypes of the typical transistor amp. Thats why sombody HATE everything that is transistor. A good guitarist or amp technician will not slaughter transistor amps, but will claim that a tube amp just sounds better and warmer.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
I know two people with AVTs. They do not sound very good, but they are decent for cheap amps, I guess. The overdrive is thin and fizzy, and it takes a while to dial in something resembling a half-decent tone. If I had one, I think I'd only use the clean channel with dirt pedals.
Quote by kyrreca
I know two people with AVTs. They do not sound very good, but they are decent for cheap amps, I guess. The overdrive is thin and fizzy, and it takes a while to dial in something resembling a half-decent tone. If I had one, I think I'd only use the clean channel with dirt pedals.

I agree. AVTS sound like crap... IF you have the cash, just get a laney VC30
Quote by Linqua5150
i have it. its a hybrid. i love it. it has two overdrive channnels, an acoustic simulator, and clean channel. the acoustic simulator os pretty decent although i dont think any acoustic simulator will perfectly be able to replicate the sound, i use the simulator more than my actuall acoustic. it has 14 built in effects. i dont remember what kinds right at this moment but they are wonderful if you are using them and dont need to switch to different effects from song to song.

big fail - get a better amp yourself.
I've got an AVT50, it's not bad, they're just overpriced. With the right speakers it won't sound too bad. The AVT cab, or the speakers in the combos are crap though. What sorta music you play?

Quote by sword shredder
Mg>avt

If you're trying to sound like a can of angry bees, this statement is true.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2