which set is better, i play metal Death, progressive, Thrash, little shred and power so it has to be good enough for heavy palm muting riffing and warm enough for soloing / shredding. i don't want anything overly trembly?

dimarzio DP159 Evolution / DP158 Evolution ?

or

Emg 81 / 85

Last edited by Azrael` at Mar 30, 2008,
Just no. Get a better amp first. I wanted to say it first, and it has been said. AN AD30VT will not get you great death metal tones. Amps account for 70% of your tone, and that valvetronix is not going to get you the tone you want. Save up for a Peavey 5150 and you should be fine
yea no... havent updated that in a while

i have a Randall RG50TC now.... ne ways can someone answer my question
Emg 81 is pretty warm
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
EMGs are a little sterile to my tastes, but the output you get is awesome, especially for Pinch Harmonics, though I usually recommend Seymour Duncan JB's to my customers ( I work at a Guitar Center in Chicago), because they have a really good balance of warmth and with overdrive they really scream (Willie Adler of Lamb of God uses them along with many other metal guitarists) , and a 59' in the neck for smooth leads. But if it's strictly between those 2, I'd go with EMGs, only because I own them.
Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit- Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Shadr Rizzo at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by Azrael`
yea no... havent updated that in a while

i have a Randall RG50TC now.... ne ways can someone answer my question

I retract my previous statement. Don't get EMGS. They are very sterile sounding, no vibe at all. I realize you are playign heavier music, so I would go for the Dimarzios. Powerful passives are much better sounding than regular Actives.