hello all i have a question about my current setup, as of now i have a peavey classic 4x10 50W tube amp and i want to add another amp to my setup, ive heard of daisy chaining and i know the process of what it entails

- take your guitar cord, plug it into amp1 input1.
- take cord2 plug it into amp1 input2
- take cord2 plug it into amp2 input1
- take cord3 plug it into amp2 input2
- take cord3 plug it into amp3 input1

but i want to know if anyone knows for sure if this is safe with my peavey classic, it does have two inputs and they are labeled normal and bright, does this mean the amp has two channels? if so i am assuming daisy chaining the amp would be perfectly fine, but i'd rather be safe then sorry

and i also know that you can just run the guitar into say....a boss dd-6 and get a stereo effect, which i have done / am currently doing, but i want to know if the daisy chain idea is safe, id rather not blow up my peavey and have to spend the big $ to fix it

thanks for any input / help
will you be using one amp for your clean's and another for distortions? If so you'll probably want and a/b box.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
You can try it, it depends on how it is wired. I doubt it'll blow up. It was somewhat common to do this on the old Marshalls with four inputs, they had two channels and two inputs per channel, so you would plug the guitar into channel 1 input one, and a jumper cable from channel 1 input 2 to channel 2 input 1.

Quote by kt620498
but i want to know if anyone knows for sure if this is safe with my peavey classic, it does have two inputs and they are labeled normal and bright, does this mean the amp has two channels?

Sometimes it is two channels, however this is quite uncommon these days. Usually one channel is somewhat brighter and more sensitive than the other.

Quote by kt620498
but i'd rather be safe then sorry

Well in this case I would use a signal splitter, either something active to give a slight boost to the signal, or just a simple Y cable.
yea im not sure what i'll do, i mean i have the two amps working together with my dd-6 and i get nice effects with the stereo delays, the only reason i was asking was because i heard it could be done, one of my favorite guitarists had a three amp set up something along the lines of a mesa dual rectifier, a roland jazz chorus, and a marshall bass amp daisy chained into the roland