I am just recording in my room and anything has to be better than recording out of the same headset i play counter-strike with.

Is this mic setup worth anything? I just record licks and things to play back. Would this work in a band setting?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-MS7510-Mic-Pro-Pak?sku=270619
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
yea I started with that mic myself and put a review in the sticky thread. It's got a nice stand and the mic is...ok...There may be better mics in the price range but I think this gets the job done for just messing around...

I'm ordering two more soon just to have the stands since most stands like that sell for much more new...
Last edited by moody07747 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by Nike-Man
how much you got

I'm a broke arse college guy and can't even really afford the $20 hehhee, but I wanted to get something better than a cheapy Walmart headset.

^^ Thanks for the insight. I was thinking at least the stands would be worth it for when I got rich and bought a real mic.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
I just bought a similar one. It looks like they switched the microphone for a different one. The stand is great! The mic gets the job done. I just mic my acoustic through my JamMan pedal with it. Its definately worth $20
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
$20 dollars can't really go far wrong. From what i hear it's nothing amazing but worth the $20, you should get an alright recording
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I love boom stands for my home projects. They're so damn versatile.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic