Quote by LP Addict
he is doing legato sweeped arpeggios with some tapping.

That's earlier. I think he's pushing the whammy down and letting go, so it snaps back. He's just sliding his hand off the end, so it looks like he's flicking the string.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
why dont you just do what it looks like hes doing until it sounds right?

where did the experimentation go in guitar playing?
it's called a warble, i dunno if people call it anything else. but you'll find something if you search warble. it's just a really fast, repeated press/release of the whammy, except by flicking it, the whammy bar oscillates (?) and goes up/down at a much faster rate than you'd be able to move it normally
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You mean the little growl that his guitar makes?

He is hitting his trem bar down rappidly, combine that with the right combination of notes and you can get some weird noises.
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.
Thanks gwitersnamps, and yeah I meant right after those arpeggios. I'll try to work with that.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone else as well. I think I can figure it out from here.

Probably not though...my best isn't nearly matched against even this miniscule display of Petrucci's talent. Maybe someday...
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 31, 2008,